Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM

Thanks for the help. I'll check Lowe's today, if I can't find it I'll just order it from the manufacturer.
Old 12-03-2010, 02:33 PM

I believe I got mine at a Menards?

Good Luck

suzy
Old 12-03-2010, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
My serial numbers for my 301A machines are as follows:

NA243120

NA256389
These are both black long beds.
Thanks so much!
Well, they are both 1951 machines, that is all the Singer site has on the Serial Numbers starting with NA.

There was quite a conversation a while back on the 301's and how much everyone likes that machine. I guess it is a big sister to the Featherweights. Those machines are aluminum so lighter, have the lift up bed like a FW, but are a full sized machine so great for taking to classes. I have only seen the pinkish ones, never a black one. If I ever got one, I'd want the black one -- you are lucky to have two of them -- and you even have the long beds, which makes you even luckier!

Nancy
Old 12-03-2010, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by darlin121
Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find Liquid Gold in the pour bottle? I've checked Wal-Mart, Piggly Wiggly, Winn-Dixie, Publix and Fresh Market. They all have it in the areosol can but not in the pour bottle. Anywhere else I can look?
Lowes usually carries it. In the house cleaning supplies section. If you can't find it ask a sales clerk that's what we did and it was right under our nose.

:oops:
Crossstitcher, love your Avator!

Nancy
Old 12-03-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

NA243120

NA256389
Thanks so much!
Well, they are both 1951 machines, that is all the Singer site has on the Serial Numbers starting with NA.

There was quite a conversation a while back on the 301's and how much everyone likes that machine. I guess it is a big sister to the Featherweights. Those machines are aluminum so lighter, have the lift up bed like a FW, but are a full sized machine so great for taking to classes. I have only seen the pinkish ones, never a black one. If I ever got one, I'd want the black one -- you are lucky to have two of them -- and you even have the long beds, which makes you even luckier!

Nancy
The date was all I could find at the site too. I am hoping that someone with more knowledge will jump in here and possibly point me in another direction. I would like to learn as much as I can about these two machines.
:roll: :roll:
Old 12-03-2010, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher
Originally Posted by darlin121
Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find Liquid Gold in the pour bottle? I've checked Wal-Mart, Piggly Wiggly, Winn-Dixie, Publix and Fresh Market. They all have it in the areosol can but not in the pour bottle. Anywhere else I can look?
Lowes usually carries it. In the house cleaning supplies section. If you can't find it ask a sales clerk that's what we did and it was right under our nose.

:oops:
Crossstitcher, love your Avator!

Nancy
Thank you Nancy. Hubby picked out the colors and I just went with it. So I gave the quilt to him.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:14 PM

NA243120

NA256389
Thanks so much!

Nancy
The date was all I could find at the site too. I am hoping that someone with more knowledge will jump in here and possibly point me in another direction. I would like to learn as much as I can about these two machines.
:roll: :roll:
Do you need a manual for the 301 because you can get one on the Ismacs web site. I have a 301 and use it most of the time. I have several others but keep going back to the 301. Hubby said he thinks I like that machine better than the FW and sometimes I do depends on what I am working on at the time. I have a pair of leather work gloves and the seam came apart and I used the 301 to sew it back together with no problem. I think you will enjoy using yours but I wouldn't do FMQ on a large quilt with it.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:24 PM

I have not sewn with either of them yet, but I already love it more than the featherweight. I might get one out and try it tonight. The other definitely is going to Billy to clean it up. It is REALLY dirty. I plan on sending it just after Christmas. I will try and post some photos. Why would you not FMQ with it?
Old 12-03-2010, 05:21 PM

What is a FMQ? I am learning so much from this list. Kathie
P.S. What I am learning is that I know nothing lol. These old machines are wonderful and a real education.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Kathie S
What is a FMQ? I am learning so much from this list. Kathie
P.S. What I am learning is that I know nothing lol. These old machines are wonderful and a real education.
Free motion quillting, but don't feel bad.
Lots of us had an adjustment period figuring out the internet lingo!