Please, get your flu shot!

Old 12-03-2010, 06:20 PM

My mom got a flu shot one time, and was sick...really, really sick for 6 weeks...4 of those in bed. Come to find out she was allergic to eggs. She was an egg candler for years when she was younger. She ate eggs, though not alot of them, she just didn't care for them, and never had a reaction. But one time she gets a vaccination and has a terrible terrible outcome! She was told never every do it again. I get them every year!
Old 12-03-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by janjj
Never get a flu shot. Do you know what's in a flu shot? I know they contain mercury - a neurotoxin that damages brain and nerve cells plus more chemicals our body does not know what to do with. I read that 36,000 Americans are killed every year from the flu.
Government statistics lump flu and pneumonia deaths together, but flu deaths are only a small fraction of the total. In 2001 the total number of flu deaths was 267
I feel it is like everything else - Follow the money. Eat good food, drink water and get your sleep.
Exercise helps too and deep breathing to get oxygen into your body. Take responsibility for your own health.
Actually very few people die from the flu. The majority die from complications that arise from having the flu, the most common of which is pneumonia. But if they didn't get the flu they likely wouldn't have gotten pneumonia in the first place. If you are concerned about the mercury in some shots, be sure to avoid canned fish (like tuna) as well-it has more mercury than a shot does.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:47 PM

I agree. My husband was in the hospital for a week with pneumonia. Not a fun thing for him or me.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Google Goddess

I don't get the flu shot, hope you are feeling better soon
Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by gale
Originally Posted by janjj
Never get a flu shot. Do you know what's in a flu shot? I know they contain mercury - a neurotoxin that damages brain and nerve cells plus more chemicals our body does not know what to do with. I read that 36,000 Americans are killed every year from the flu.
Government statistics lump flu and pneumonia deaths together, but flu deaths are only a small fraction of the total. In 2001 the total number of flu deaths was 267
I feel it is like everything else - Follow the money. Eat good food, drink water and get your sleep.
Exercise helps too and deep breathing to get oxygen into your body. Take responsibility for your own health.
Actually very few people die from the flu. The majority die from complications that arise from having the flu, the most common of which is pneumonia. But if they didn't get the flu they likely wouldn't have gotten pneumonia in the first place. If you are concerned about the mercury in some shots, be sure to avoid canned fish (like tuna) as well-it has more mercury than a shot does.
If you are concerned about the mercury, you can request it without. I dont' think the H1N1 has a mercury free yet, but the regular flu shot does have that option.

Patti
Old 12-03-2010, 08:29 PM

I got a flu shot 3 weeks ago, and came down with the flu and missed work for 2 days. My husband got a flu shot and came down with it and has been using a nebulizer so that his flu congestion doesn't turn into pneumonia. Not really sure the shot is the answer to everything. We were both doing well before the flu shot.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 PM

I get one every year. Thanks for the reminder, hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:48 PM

Got mine plus the pneumonia shot as recommended by doctor. When my son was in 3rd grade my husband came home with flu, got well, went back out of town and my son, my mother and I came down with it. My son and mother got well quickly, but it took me 3 weeks to get over it. Swore I'd never do flu again and thanks to the shot, I haven't.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:48 PM

I got the flu shot in October and got sicker than sick, ended up going to the doctor 3 times for different meds. Here it is December and I still have a wee cough. Hubby caught something of a bug after I got this shot. He doesn't get the flu shots because of egg allergies. Previous years I got shot, no problem, this year, Bang!
Old 12-03-2010, 09:52 PM

I can't get one either. It makes me sick if I get one.