Where ya from?

Old 12-03-2010, 10:42 AM

I'm from Co transplanted from IL a year ago.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:45 AM

I love to see where people are from too! I am in Alaska and proud of it! I am not afraid--heavens we all can be found. I have an address it is listed in the borough/county records--they are public! There is google earth and you can see my house from a satellite. I am not hiding from anyone as I have nothing to hide.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 AM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by franie
I love to see where people are from too! I am in Alaska and proud of it! I am not afraid--heavens we all can be found. I have an address it is listed in the borough/county records--they are public! There is google earth and you can see my house from a satellite. I am not hiding from anyone as I have nothing to hide.
I agree..I am in the telephone book, my college alumni publications, church directory etc. etc. just try googling yourself.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:26 PM

I grew up in near Binghamton NY and lived in Rome NY for 18 years before moving to sunny, warm (but windy) Vail AZ (a small town SE of Tucson). Caught the quilting bug here in AZ as gardening is not an option for me with a small yard and no real soil. Lovin' the quilting!
Old 12-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by kathidahl
what I wonder is why some of us do not say where in the world we are, but just put in some clever thing. Share why you would not put your real location in instead of some virtual thing.
I don't want anyone to know I am secretly Quentin Bryce.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
Originally Posted by kathidahl
what I wonder is why some of us do not say where in the world we are, but just put in some clever thing. Share why you would not put your real location in instead of some virtual thing.
I don't want anyone to know I am secretly Quentin Bryce.
We have the Governor-General of Australia on our board?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:02 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

I don't want anyone to know I am secretly Quentin Bryce.[/quote]

We don't take political sides on this board...LOL
Old 12-04-2010, 12:40 AM

Hi Franie,
I just joined the quilting community and saw your beautiful seminole table runner. I did not know how to let you know and then I found you under a different topic. Where are you from - I am from Kodiak, AK. However, I have lived here in WA for years and years. Kodiak will always be my home. I was born there and lived there until I came stateside to go to college (which I did not finish) but ended up in WA. What part of AK are you from? I am under the title Kodiak Kid and sent picture of my first real nice quilt which means the points meet, stitching is good, binding finished nicely, etc. Cannot see the stitches.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:41 AM

does it make any difference? Really?
Old 12-04-2010, 12:42 AM

Hi Franie,
I just joined the quilting community and saw your beautiful seminole table runner. I did not know how to let you know and then I found you under a different topic. Where are you from - I am from Kodiak, AK. However, I have lived here in WA for years and years. Kodiak will always be my home. I was born there and lived there until I came stateside to go to college (which I did not finish) but ended up in WA. What part of AK are you from? I am under the title Kodiak Kid and sent picture of my first real nice quilt which means the points meet, stitching is good, binding finished nicely, etc. Cannot see the stitches.