Where ya from?

Old 12-04-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cyn
I'm an army brat married to a retired Marine. We call Jacksonville NC our home!
I went to grade school in Jacksonville,My dad was stationed at New River Air station,lived on base,spent a lot time at Camp Leguene(sic) hospital due to second degree burns on my foot camping accident in the girl scouts
I was also born in New Bern North Carolina,stationed at Cherry Point,Was almost named Maria Cor for the USMC as our birthdays are only 5 days apart
Old 12-04-2010, 12:35 PM

Hi KathiDahl,

I think I messed up when I first put my info on board. I am from Southeastern PA.

Quilter68 who is now 69 and heading to 70 - Lord Willing!
Old 12-04-2010, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by gollytwo
Originally Posted by DebraK
does it make any difference? Really?
It does actually
It's interesting to see the varied styles and approaches from different parts of the world.
Joking apart, one word in your profile does not necessarily reflect where your approach to quilting comes from. I am not from where I live now, and my location comment reflects that. Maybe if I still lived in the town I was born in I'd be agreeing with the OP, but life is not that simple. One of the delights of a community like this is that it really does not matter where we are physically located. I like that.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:50 PM

I'm from a small town here in Virginia where they say our Nation Reunited.(APPOMATTOX) However, I wonder sometimes about that reunited part. Yankees still don't like Rebs and vice versa. When we all get to heaven, I don't think it's going to matter anymore who wore the blue or who wore the grey. Blood is still red.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:04 PM

Well I was born in Tucson, AZ and still live in Tucson, AZ and I am retiring (January 7. 2011 in Tucson, AZ. Great weather here. But on my bucket list to see: Maine, Vermont, Seattle, Galveston, Outer Banks, Rhode Island....I dont know if I will see all these places but I sure like to dream and it's is exciting to me when I see a board member from one of these places I want to visit.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:06 PM

I grew up in a suburb of Phila. Pa (Ridley Township). Transplanted to Norway 20 years ago. I live now in southern Norway in a little town called Vennesla just outside of Kristiansand.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:11 PM

tucsonquilter,i have a Uncle living in Tucson in a trailer park.Tucson is someplace i would like to see sometime.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:08 PM

Born and raised on the coast of southern Maine, but transplanted to N.E.Ohio "amish country" when I married. Like where I'm at but really, really,REALLy miss walking on the beach.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Thumbelina
Born and raised on the coast of southern Maine, but transplanted to N.E.Ohio "amish country" when I married. Like where I'm at but really, really,REALLy miss walking on the beach.
I will do a walk on the beach for you tomorrow, but I am afraid it will have to be in England, I live just ten minutes walk from the beach. By golly it is cold right now though.
Old 12-04-2010, 06:22 PM

East Tn. about 15 miles West of Oak Ridge - Energy Capital of the World :)