Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Some men just don't get it >

Some men just don't get it

Some men just don't get it

Old 12-04-2010, 04:42 PM

I have a 66-1 treadle, but mine has the "Lotus" decals - not nearly as pretty as the redeye decals. :) And the decals and paint are in pretty bad shape - I plan to strip the machine and repaint it antique fire engine red one of these days.

I don't know what parts you might need, but I go to Jenny at sew-classic.com for replacement parts - she has great prices and she's very fast and helpful, too. She carries all the standard stuff and will special order items for you whenever she can. I also send her motors to be cleaned and re-wired. HTH! :)

Have fun!
Elizabeth
Old 12-05-2010, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by thepolyparrot
I have a 66-1 treadle, but mine has the "Lotus" decals - not nearly as pretty as the redeye decals. :) And the decals and paint are in pretty bad shape - I plan to strip the machine and repaint it antique fire engine red one of these days.

I don't know what parts you might need, but I go to Jenny at sew-classic.com for replacement parts - she has great prices and she's very fast and helpful, too. She carries all the standard stuff and will special order items for you whenever she can. I also send her motors to be cleaned and re-wired. HTH! :)

Have fun!
Elizabeth
Jenny at Sew-Classic is the best! I order parts from her all the time for my vintage machines. She is very fast...ships out immediately and received in just a couple of days. Also, her shipping charges are really reasonable.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:59 AM

As artists, you know that is what you are, you need many materials at hand to pull your ideas together. Once you begin collecting for a certain skill and stop for a while, don't ever think you won't incorporate some of your ideas and materials into something else. My husband tried to give away my machine once. I was heart struck by the idea. And now I am quilting, something I never thought I would do as it is so precise and I have no family history of quilt making.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:43 AM

I don't have any old machines but I do have a large stash of material (and usually end up buying more when I sew LOL). My husband restores hot rods as a hobby. When he started to complain about my stash, I gently pointed to the garage and asked what he was going to do with all that stuff along with the fact that I DIDN'T have a garage to put my stash in. He laughed when he realized I still had $20,000 or so before my stash was worth as much as his!
Barbara in MI
Old 12-05-2010, 05:51 AM

Several years ago my husband was carrying my Bernina in from the car for me. My OTHER Bernina was sitting on my sewing cabinet. He did a double take and asked me how many sewing machines I have. I thought for a second, then asked him how many tractors HE has. He just smiled and the subject has never come up again.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:57 AM

My DH actually BRINGS MACHINES HOME TO ME that he finds! I have to say "okay...no more...we don't have anymore room for them!" LOL :)
Old 12-05-2010, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

:lol:! Both of us have way more "toys" than we need and we both like them all...I have a couple of tractors and DH has a couple of sewing machines!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:02 AM

What is yours is yours and hubby can keep what is his as long as you don't have to sew for him, he will not do a garden for you. (that is ok, there are tons of stores around for purchasing food.) Keep your machines.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 AM

I love tractors also, don't have one but wish I did a beautiful John Deer green and yellow tractor. Don't know where I would put it but then don't know where I would put the new 830 Bernina sewing-embroidery machine, either. Have a great day.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:37 AM

My husband bought my 1904 Singer treadle for my birthday one year. I took the iron work and cabinet apart. Repainted the ironwork black and all I had to do to the cabinet was give it a good polishing. It has beautiful scroll work on the six drawers. Someone had taken really good care of it..inside the drawers was not washboard!!
Anyway...I do sewing machines (7) at the monent and the DH does computers and parts.