Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Hand Quilters - When do you quilt? >

Hand Quilters - When do you quilt?

Hand Quilters - When do you quilt?

Old 12-05-2010, 03:39 PM

Yup, I am an evening hand quilter too. However, I am at work 5 days a week so that keeps me from doing it in the daytime.

Then when I have a week day off my DH is ready to go places because he can't see to drive so we go when I am off work.

Course I could get more quilting done if I was on this board less!! But I love coming here. I learn so much.

Chris
Old 12-05-2010, 03:43 PM

I quilt anytime I feel like it,If someone complains that something needs doing. I tell them to go for it I'm busy. :-o
Old 12-05-2010, 04:22 PM

I quilt during my lunch break at work (I work evenings), and while I am waiting for my kids during their extra curricular activities. It is very slow and little-by-little, but I just don't have the time during the day (I am a homeschooling Mom). Sometimes I will quilt a bit on the weekend. I know that once my kids are grown I will have a lot more time to devote to quilting, so I am fine getting it done slowly right now.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:17 PM

I usually get my housework done early and then I work in my sewing room while my DH putters in the yard or in his workshop. I try to be with him in the evening so I usually have some hand work I do while we watch tv.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:08 AM

I meet once a week with a group of ladies and we quilt, fellowship, and eat. We all call it our 'therapy' day. This is one day a week that we set aside just for US. I also meet once a week in the evening at a local church, most of these ladies work, so we work around their schedules. Love my quilting lady friends!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:33 AM

Hand quilting is a passion for me. Try The Stencil Company.com. They are great to deal with and have a great supply of stencils
Old 12-06-2010, 11:08 AM

I quilt in the daytime when the light is greatest. I have 3 skylights in my family room where I have my quilting frames set up. My eyes don't do good in the evening with just the lights not so good. At night, with my sewing machine on the kitchen table, with great lights, I do my piecing, while watching TV. I can piece quilts faster than I can quilt so have many tops ready to quilt.
Ellie
Old 12-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Elenore
I quilt in the daytime when the light is greatest. I have 3 skylights in my family room where I have my quilting frames set up. My eyes don't do good in the evening with just the lights not so good. At night, with my sewing machine on the kitchen table, with great lights, I do my piecing, while watching TV. I can piece quilts faster than I can quilt so have many tops ready to quilt.
Ellie
I have a small Ott Light that I use at night.
Old 12-10-2010, 10:10 AM
Banned

get up earlyish, deal with h/work, phone calls etc; THEN make coffee/drink/soup and settle down to hand quilt, you can also was tv or listen to talking book/music AND do NOT feel guilty.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:18 PM

I do piecework on Tuesday and Friday, and I do hand quilting on Monday,Wednesday,and Friday from 9AM -6PM. I have those hours because I do my quiltwork as a business. I make quilts all year and sell them during the holidays for extra money and home repairs.