Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Some men just don't get it >

Some men just don't get it

Some men just don't get it

Old 12-06-2010, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

Just tell him to think of your Red Eye as a large knick knack!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:02 AM

Wow...this took me back to my ex. I went home while my dad was having surgery...my ex sold my car while I was gone!!!

And yes, the replacement car cost him more $$ than what he got for selling mine. :D

Patti[/quote]

Boy am I glad for you that you got rid of HIM! Some people!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by PatinAtlanta
Wow...this took me back to my ex. I went home while my dad was having surgery...my ex sold my car while I was gone!!!

And yes, the replacement car cost him more $$ than what he got for selling mine. :D

Patti
Boy am I glad for you that you got rid of HIM! Some people!!![/quote]

Indeed!!! It took 15 years to find my most wonderful DH....well, actually, he found me. ;) We met online. I can say for a certainty that online dating can be a good thing. We have been happily married for 8 years this past August. This man is so good to me, I sometimes think I should pinch myself...then I think, Why? I might wake up and find it has all been a dream. I'd rather keep living this dream. :)

Patti
Old 12-06-2010, 04:35 PM

You are so fortunate to have a spouce who has an interest to carry him in to the very adult world. Back in the '50s and '60s when I was working in various Boston concerns, many of the older women co-workers had husbands who only knew their work. They did it well, but when the time came, they "retired". Those husbands drove their wives up walls. The husbands did not know what to do with all the leisure time they had. During their working years the husbands never projected 40 or 50 years down the road as to what their lives would be upon retirement, and what avocations they could take up to take up their leisure years. Most of them did not even know how to fish! They could not turn a screw, or tighten a bolt. Literally, they were fish out of water. The wives, meanwhile, not only worked a 40 hour week, but also got the meals, did the house work, the gardening, and found time to knit, crochet, sew, etc. If your husband has an old tractor to keep him working, tinkering, count your blessings. Ask him to look at what he has to occupy his time, and to not, evern jokingly, chide you when you cut up perfectly good fabric into tiny pieces, and sew them together for very interesting works of art and beauty.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:31 PM

My husband hasn't complained yet....maybe because of the price I have paid....but he chuckles and tells others he doesn't care...it keeps me out of the bars!!! LOL!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by dallison532
You are so fortunate to have a spouce who has an interest to carry him in to the very adult world. Back in the '50s and '60s when I was working in various Boston concerns, many of the older women co-workers had husbands who only knew their work. They did it well, but when the time came, they "retired". Those husbands drove their wives up walls. The husbands did not know what to do with all the leisure time they had. During their working years the husbands never projected 40 or 50 years down the road as to what their lives would be upon retirement, and what avocations they could take up to take up their leisure years. Most of them did not even know how to fish! They could not turn a screw, or tighten a bolt. Literally, they were fish out of water. The wives, meanwhile, not only worked a 40 hour week, but also got the meals, did the house work, the gardening, and found time to knit, crochet, sew, etc. If your husband has an old tractor to keep him working, tinkering, count your blessings. Ask him to look at what he has to occupy his time, and to not, evern jokingly, chide you when you cut up perfectly good fabric into tiny pieces, and sew them together for very interesting works of art and beauty.
So maybe he'll get it fixed when he retires? LOL. Right now he has no leisure time. He works 6 days a week and Sundays are the days we do family stuff. He's not quite old enough to retire for a few more years but I sure hope he gets it running before then so he can actually use it since that's what he wanted it for.