Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting when you're angry/hurt/upset >

Quilting when you're angry/hurt/upset

Quilting when you're angry/hurt/upset

Old 12-06-2010, 02:11 PM

I did that some of that myself this morning. My ex decided a couple days ago he was going to go on my Trench (the Kittie board's equivilant of a Personal Journal thread) and let me know what he thought of me

:thumbup:[/quote]

Sounds to me like he is convicting himself out of his own mouth and you don't need to reply because anybody reading his remarks will know what kind of person he is!!
Old 12-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
Originally Posted by cjomomma
LOL!!! When I am angry I get the rotary cutter out and some fabric out and start cutting sq's or stripes. It seems to calm me down and with OCD and anxiety I need to settle as fast as possible.
I did that some of that myself this morning. My ex decided a couple days ago he was going to go on my Trench (the Kittie board's equivilant of a Personal Journal thread) and let me know what he thought of me (according to him, I'm selfish, heartless, and a bunch of other things that will get me banned if I say them), that he lied to me about his businesses going down the tube and that he has half a mil in the bank (not that I ever cared about his money, but that's a big thing to lie about), and that he was planning to dump me anyways (we never actually officially "broke up"---things happened and he got angry with me and stopped talking to me so I had to assume it was over). Why does he tell me this A MONTH AFTER we're over? And while he's badmouthing me he's trying to make himself look like the good guy...despite lying to me and saying that he was going to dump me (but he didn't because he "felt sorry for me"). I'm more mad than anything, but I'm also kind of hurt, too. And no thanks to him (and partially me because I exchanged words to defend myself), my Trench was locked by the mods so nobody can make new posts. Already vented to friends. Can't vent to mom without being critical towards me or going on a man hunt for the ex. Still feel angry.

Woke up this morning after having nightmares. Remembered the crap with the ex. Suddenly I felt like cutting the fabric I have been putting off. It was a little more satisfying to use that rotary cutter.
:thumbup:
I swear some people are just plain stupid. That ex of yours sounds like the frosting on a fruit cake.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:05 PM

LOL!!! When I am angry I get the rotary cutter out and some fabric out and start cutting sq's or stripes. It seems to calm me down and with OCD and anxiety I need to settle as fast as possible.
I did that some of that myself this morning. My ex decided a couple days ago he was going to go on my Trench (the Kittie board's equivilant of a Personal Journal thread) and let me know what he thought of me (according to him, I'm selfish, heartless, and a bunch of other things that will get me banned if I say them), that he lied to me about his businesses going down the tube and that he has half a mil in the bank (not that I ever cared about his money, but that's a big thing to lie about), and that he was planning to dump me anyways (we never actually officially "broke up"---things happened and he got angry with me and stopped talking to me so I had to assume it was over). Why does he tell me this A MONTH AFTER we're over? And while he's badmouthing me he's trying to make himself look like the good guy...despite lying to me and saying that he was going to dump me (but he didn't because he "felt sorry for me"). I'm more mad than anything, but I'm also kind of hurt, too. And no thanks to him (and partially me because I exchanged words to defend myself), my Trench was locked by the mods so nobody can make new posts. Already vented to friends. Can't vent to mom without being critical towards me or going on a man hunt for the ex. Still feel angry.

Woke up this morning after having nightmares. Remembered the crap with the ex. Suddenly I felt like cutting the fabric I have been putting off. It was a little more satisfying to use that rotary cutter.
:thumbup:
I swear some people are just plain stupid. That ex of yours sounds like the frosting on a fruit cake.
Not exactly what I'd call him, but I'd get banned for saying such things.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:07 AM

Does anyone here quilt when they're angry, hurt, or upset (when those feelings aren't caused by actual quilting)? Perhaps seeing a finished block you pieced gives you enough joy to not worry what's bugging you. Or maybe cutting fabric with the rotary cutter (with new blades) gives just a little bit more satisfaction while doing it when you're ticked at somebody or about something.
I piece blocks when I'm upset or "moody", quilting is a very peaceful passion. It lets you tune out the rest of the world and focus on what you are doing. I just turn on the tunes and piece. I never handle the rotary cutter when I'm upset and need to concentrat...I like all my fingers attached.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:31 AM

I certainly understand your frustration with your ex. In the past 8 months my life has bellied up and now I have an ex too. Mine also lies, lies, lies. There are times when I would like to get on the Internet and tell the world about him but I don't because it's just not a wise thing to do. This man has made my life miserable with his lies. I am a professional longer armer and I can't work when annoyed so I am completely shut down right now. There isn't much you can do about a person like this. I figure sooner or later they'll get their just reward.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:16 AM

Sewing is good therapy, but I've learned that if I'm really upset to stay away from my sewing room. To many things to get hurt on and ruin. I went 4 days a couple of weeks ago and didnt sew one stitch. I straighten up my sewing room but I knew it was best not to turn on a machine. I did some hand piecing instead, working on a grandmothers flower garden.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:39 AM

Does anyone here quilt when they're angry, hurt, or upset (when those feelings aren't caused by actual quilting)? Perhaps seeing a finished block you pieced gives you enough joy to not worry what's bugging you. Or maybe cutting fabric with the rotary cutter (with new blades) gives just a little bit more satisfaction while doing it when you're ticked at somebody or about something.
I just go to my sewing room and walk around, or straighten up things till I start getting relaxed and then I go to town with some project. It's kind of like petting a dog, or looking into an aquarium, very relaxing.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:43 AM

When I am upset, I do a thorough cleaning. I'm really good at rearranging furniture when in this mood!! (LOL)
Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 AM

That's usually why I'm always quilting! Takes the mind off things. I'm not sure the rotary cutter is a good idea though. I steer clear of sharp objects when I'm mad! :roll:
Old 12-07-2010, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by leaha
when I get angry I put on some rock music like Toms Jones' what new pussycat? and blaste it up and do hause work, boy can you get those windows clean! LOL you can tell by my windows I do not get angry very often!! LOL it works for me, works all my mad out, then when I am too pooped to work up any more mad I can go sew and be nice and relaxed.
I do not want to be around any sharp pins, needles, or rotery cutters when I am mad, I could get hurt, really hurt, and I so do not like pain!
I do the same thing, loud music & cleaning...I'm with you, I think I'd hurt myself around sharp objects when I'm peeved

:oops: