Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Bargello makers and others--will these colors work? More Choices on Page 2 >

Bargello makers and others--will these colors work? More Choices on Page 2

Bargello makers and others--will these colors work? More Choices on Page 2

Old 12-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Can't wait to see this one.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:03 PM

Love the pattern and your colors are great. I made this pattern and entered in 2009 state fair and got Best of Show, Viewers Choice and 1st place for my category, hq and done by one person. Entered in local cty fair and won Grand Champion. Made w/batiks. Every quilt made w/this pattern was beautiful. I've got material to make a couple more quilts. I made the queen size but added 3 large borders to make it king. Don't know how to add photo or I would post.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 PM

Looks great to me.... I can hardly wait to see it all done.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:20 PM

I like the way you have the fabrics now. They will make a gorgeous bargello. When I make mine I lay the fabrics out like you have but I also put a bunch more randomly in another row or rows depending how many others I have in the same colors and then just other ones I like that I think may fit. I usually leave them like that for a couple of weeks and keep looking at them and experimenting with others until I like the way they look together. I find if I second guess myself too much then I get frustrated and worry that it might look better the way I had them before. Once I like the way it looks, I just start making the quilt. I might have to try cutting strips and checking that way but my way seems to work for me. I took a short class on bargellos a couple of years ago and the instructor had us lay out our fabrics and some people thought I should use a different fabric than one I had chosen and I let myself get talked into changing and when it was done, I didn't like that fabric in it. I have never finished it and the top remains in my UFO basket because I don't like the way it now looks. I have ben happy with all the other bargellos I have done since then. Have fun making yours.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:52 PM

Love it, but I would switch the second and third colors(whitish).
Old 12-08-2010, 12:44 AM

Gorgeous fabrics - Look forward to seeing the end product.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:46 AM

Your second lot of colours are a winner, please keep us posted!
:D
Old 12-08-2010, 03:07 AM

No, stop! I think you are done!
Let's wait until Barb_Mo gets here but I think you are where you want to be. The way I am counting your fabrics, you are done. Beautiful fabrics. In your second layout they look perfect to me for the pattern. Barb will need to know: on the pattern, the light colors are ?5? rows and the yellow on the pattern is the ?6? th row? And in your 2nd fabric layout your 1st 5 fabrics are light to creme, then you have an ?orange? so that orange will be where the yellow in the pattern picture is? Right? If so, I think you are ready to cut. Good job! I am going to love it. Let's see what Barb says.
Let's see--there are 6 considered cream to yellow/orange, then 9 for the mid section--the directions just said autumn colors, then 5 greens.

I do love this set up. See what Barb thinks! :-D

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Love it, but I would switch the second and third colors(whitish).
I've switched those creams all ways--but I'll give that a try! Thanks!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:02 AM

I think your colors are really grand and will work out beautifully. I've made several Bargello quilts and I'll offer this hint. As you cut each vertical column (some patterns call them "rows"), cut all the strips needed for a column and clip them together (I used the hair type clips) for assembling later. Then I used a small square of masking tape and numbered on it the column (I did 1 to 40 or whatever, working left to right) and stuck it on the first colored square at the top for that column. After all columns were cut, I then assembled them adding/deleting squares and strips as in the directions. Leave on the masking tape markers until all columns are sewn together. Saves a lot of confusion and I had no ripping out to do. Assemble columns on a design wall, if you have one, and you can catch any major mistakes before assembling.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:25 AM

They are beautiful and will look great