Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas. >

Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas.

Pull up your socks, girls. Does not apply to fellas.

Old 12-08-2010, 04:21 AM

Oh my gosh, that is really funny!!!!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by deema
If I needed to worry about my husband coming home to me not "neatly put together", he wouldn't be my husband. Thanks to maternity leave, I only get out of my pj's when I have to leave the house...and sometimes, not even then! I shower every night after the kids are in bed...and put on clean PJ's! I wear make up when I know somebody will be taking pictures. If someone stops by my house unexpectedly, they can just deal with whatever disorder and or unkempt-ness of myself or my home...or, imagine this - CALL first...or...Stay away!! LOL
LOL I have a sign outside my door that says this pad was clean yesterday sorry you missed it. Another good one is if you come to see me come anytime if you come to see the house make an appointment.
I do sometimes get dressed, not always with a bra but I do brush my hair and get my teeth out of their little bucket.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:40 AM

I would fail too.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
I do have memories of my aunts searching madly for the mate to their thigh high single hose, those babies came in PAIRS of legs, panty hose has freed us from that nightmare. When did they become popular, in the 1960s perhaps?
One of my Aunts claimed she only got the same color of hose, no matter how many, so she could always find a match.
That's funny. I remember one time as a child my mother looking all over for her other garter. My brother Jim asked her what she was looking for, she said her garter to hold up her stockings. He said, " Is that what that was, I used it for....." I don't remember what he used it for but then my mother hurriedly sewed a piece of elastic together so she could hold her stockings up. Just think how pathetic we would feel if we had to wear DRESSES all day long!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:43 AM

I'm also in the camp of comfort overrules fashion any day of the week. I have clothes I specifically call my quilting clothes - my favorite sweatpants and my big fuzzy LL bean slippers. and I have to confess, i don't own any make up and never wear it. gosh, what were those ladies thinking
Old 12-08-2010, 04:44 AM

Maybe I need to pull a June Cleaver, and wear my pearls while I am at it. Oh wait a minute, I don't have pearls! lol
Old 12-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Banned

O.k. I guess I'm the only odd one here.

I don't wear a dress, but before I get into the sewing room I am dressed in blue jeans and shirt or sweater and my hair is done. Make up is on a some days basis, but will be more now that the business will be open. Love working from home though!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:15 AM

Quilting in my jammies. Never wear makeup. Husband is African-loves a natural woman. Thinks bras are unhealthy, just for keeping things still and secure when outside the home. Maia

Perfect ----- a natural woman is the way we were meant to be (my husband appreciates that also).
Old 12-08-2010, 05:18 AM

OMG, this is one of the reasons I love this board.... everyone needs a good dose of laughter every day, and boyoboy does this group know the importance of laughing! What a gift this board is. Love it and you all!

And it sure sounds like we're all sister twins when quilting.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 AM

I don't even own a dress or makeup I'm a plain person.

Wear jeans, teeshirts or sweatshirts.

I feel out of place being dressed up.