Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Took my shih tzu dog to groomer today and later to vet >

Took my shih tzu dog to groomer today and later to vet

Took my shih tzu dog to groomer today and later to vet

Old 12-04-2010, 07:39 PM

Felix is really cute. I had a dog years ago that had ear mites. I did the cotton ball thing before the ear drops went in to see if it was clearing up. Tera loved to have her ears massaged when we put the drops in.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Glad your pup is feeling better! Make sure you finish the meds even if its looking better. We have clients at the clinic I work at who stop because they think its fine...when deep down in the ear canal its not.
Sounds like you are doing a good job of treating the mites. If you are concerned about Felix getting ear mites again there's a monthly topical product called Revolution. Helps treat earmites plus fleas.
Might want to make it a habit of cleaning out the ears for maintenance every few weeks too. :)
I believe the blue liquid other people have mentioned is called Nolvasan. Other good ear cleansers are Epi-Otic and Vet Solutions. But always talk to your vet before starting anything new :)
Old 12-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Google Goddess

Thanks for your information, yes, will finish the bottle of his meds and also will contact vet to see about getting him on some monthly meds.

Originally Posted by MrsMoe4487
Glad your pup is feeling better! Make sure you finish the meds even if its looking better. We have clients at the clinic I work at who stop because they think its fine...when deep down in the ear canal its not.
Sounds like you are doing a good job of treating the mites. If you are concerned about Felix getting ear mites again there's a monthly topical product called Revolution. Helps treat earmites plus fleas.
Might want to make it a habit of cleaning out the ears for maintenance every few weeks too. :)
I believe the blue liquid other people have mentioned is called Nolvasan. Other good ear cleansers are Epi-Otic and Vet Solutions. But always talk to your vet before starting anything new :)
Old 12-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Google Goddess

Update on Felix, he is feeling better and still putting the meds in his ear twice a day and today when I put meds in he didn't fuss with me, I have been giving him a treat afterwards and he is remembering his treat

yes, he is spoiled
Old 12-07-2010, 03:13 PM

Glad to hear Felix is getting better. He is sure a cutie.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Google Goddess

Thanks everyone, we rescued Felix 1 1/2 years ago from a couple, his hair was so matted and took him to groomer and vet right away.

They told us he was not a lap dog, wrong he is. He is well behaved and I hold him like a baby and rock him in my recliner chair along with his blanket.

He is king of this house.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:39 AM

You know, I have two Shih Tzu's, one is a black and white that looks so much like Felix. Lilly has ear issues too, seems like all the time! Good luck, hopefully he'll heal up quick!