Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
not liking my new sewing machine >

not liking my new sewing machine

not liking my new sewing machine

Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 AM

I had an embroidery/sewing machine combo for a while. Traded it in for Janome 350 embroidery and a straight Janome sewing machine. I like having the two cuz I can do embroidery and quilting at the same time. Hope all works out for you. I know how excited I am to get some new sewing stuff and can feel your disappointment.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:23 AM

Do you have Embird? It is absolutely the best embroidery software on the market. You can buy alphabets and insert the text into your design and space and shape it anyway you like. You can download Embird free for 30 days. Take the time to learn to use it and you will never look back. It costs around 100 and the alphabets are 15 - and the upgrades for at least 2-3 years are free. After that the cost is minimal.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:28 AM

You have 90 days and if you don't like it, I would take it back as quick as I could and try other machines they have, so you can find one you like, hopefully.
Old 12-08-2010, 07:44 AM

my Janome has a little box made with dashes that gives you the space, good luck!
Old 12-08-2010, 08:33 AM

I don't mean to trash Brother but I bought what I thought was my dream machine for embroidery and 2 years later it is garbage. I was really unhappy cause I paid what was to me a lot of money for it. I still don't know what to do with it. Husband is going to "look at it" but who knows when and even if it is fixable.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 AM

I have a Brother 2002ULT-D and absolutely love it. I have never had any major trouble with it and believe me, it has a lot of miles on her and still going strong.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug
I have 90 days....I watched the video...read manual...I thought it would be a lot better than this...just not what I thought it would be ; (
Will dealer give you some lessons? Start there, that might help. Mine won't let you out the door till you know how to work it.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:02 PM

I bought the Brothers LB6800thrd sewing and embroidery machine....got it today. I don't like it at all...I wanted to make labels. You can not space between names and date. just not thrilled at all...and it very hard to thread. So disappointed!
I would be extremely surprised if you could not do a space in your lettering. I have had 2 sewing/embroidery machines and both were Brothers and there is a space option on both of them. Also you can do lettering in your software. Good luck.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM

its only 4x4...I am not one to bring things back...I never do, but this one...unless a miracle happens its going back...I don't like the embroidery part of the machine at all...and its going to take some patience to thread it...I have tried quite a few times and yup I watched the video and read the book. The thread keeps breaking...most likely because I am not threading it right....aurgh....
I have a Brother innovis 1250D, the presser foot has to be up to thread the needle which is automatic and works like a charm. I also had a SE350 which I sold but also worked well. As for breaking thread make sure the needle size which is ususally an 11 is mated to the correct size thread. If the thread is too big, or not embroidery then it will shred and break. Some where in the manual it tells you how to insert a space, look in the index for space or spacing. I finally got a bunch of page flags for the things I had to keep looking up. Also Brothere has an excellent online customer service. Just a thought. Sorry you are having a bit of a learning curve. :-)
Old 12-08-2010, 02:26 PM

i would not wait until my days are up
you want your things done in time, if you are like me
I think I would have the shop you bought locally from, if you did, give you a demo on your machine. or I would return it asap