Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-08-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif

I'm thinking of keeping that one, the star, since it has fabrics from all the Christmas runners/toppers that I have made.
Yep, that is what I'd do!

It sure has been quiet on this forum lately -- everyone busy making those Christmas gifts! I am! I finished quilting two quilts yesterday. Made my grandson a Turning 20 Again quilt using tractor fabrics. He loves tractors because his Grampa and his Dad both let him drive their tractors! Then I put red minky (spelling?) on the back!

Nancy
Old 12-08-2010, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

It sure has been quiet on this forum lately -- everyone busy making those Christmas gifts! I am! I finished quilting two quilts yesterday. Made my grandson a Turning 20 Again quilt using tractor fabrics. He loves tractors because his Grampa and his Dad both let him drive their tractors! Then I put red minky (spelling?) on the back!

Nancy
Yup, I think everyone is busy making gifts. I bet that quilt is cute with the tractor fabrics; would love to see it. I love feel of the minky fabric, but I have never quilted with it. Has anyone used it with their vintage machines?
Old 12-08-2010, 01:23 PM

I'm probably the only one that's not working on gifts. I still have more decorating to do. Then maybe I can get back to making gifts.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
I'm probably the only one that's not working on gifts. I still have more decorating to do. Then maybe I can get back to making gifts.
The only decorating that I have done is my dining room table. This weekend is the lights and tree.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
The only decorating that I have done is my dining room table. This weekend is the lights and tree.
As slow pokey as I'm moving it will probably be this weekend before I even make a dent in it. I've got the tree up and that's it. Just lights, no decorations yet. Also been working on getting my sewing room cleaned so I can get in there and get some work done. It's progress, just very slow progress. I may get all my decorations up by Christmas, LOL. Just in time to take them back down.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:48 PM

[
As slow pokey as I'm moving it will probably be this weekend before I even make a dent in it. I've got the tree up and that's it. Just lights, no decorations yet. Also been working on getting my sewing room cleaned so I can get in there and get some work done. It's progress, just very slow progress. I may get all my decorations up by Christmas, LOL. Just in time to take them back down.
Just leave them up until the Epiphany, Jan.6 the feast of the three wise men, that is what I do each year. I'm the last to have house lights up, never the first, but always the last.
:)
Old 12-08-2010, 01:58 PM

LOL! I will keep that in mind. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Nope, you are not alone, your sister isn't making gifts either!
Old 12-08-2010, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by tonsau7
Nope, you are not alone, your sister isn't making gifts either!
LOL Toni! Are you at least decorating?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:11 PM

I'm not making gifts, I'm making charity quilts. I quilted a QOV today at the weekly sew-in, just have to trim and bind it. Its a 2
block quilt, Churn Dash and 9 patch. Pictures when I'm done with the binding.
Sharon W.