Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
not liking my new sewing machine >

not liking my new sewing machine

not liking my new sewing machine

Old 12-08-2010, 06:25 PM

Give the machine one more try like a chat with a friend. Watch the video first. Then if you are having problems remember that every machine that comes off the line is not perfect. If it was shipped it could have been dropped etc. Take it back to the dealer if you can. Don't blame yourself or the company. Brother is a great company with a good reputation. They will be happy to make it right with you or go to another dealer that sells the machine. You may find a different style machine is better for what you want or this is so perfect after you see the little tricks. Good luck .... don't stop sewing because you don't want to return it. If it doesn't fit everyone returns.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:26 PM

Give the machine one more try like a chat with a friend. Watch the video first. Then if you are having problems remember that every machine that comes off the line is not perfect. If it was shipped it could have been dropped etc. Take it back to the dealer if you can. Don't blame yourself or the company. Brother is a great company with a good reputation. They will be happy to make it right with you or go to another dealer that sells the machine. You may find a different style machine is better for what you want or this is so perfect after you see the little tricks. Good luck .... don't stop sewing because you don't want to return it. If it doesn't fit everyone returns.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Do they offer free classes where you got your new machine?

Maybe the things that you don't like have a solution that would be shown in class.

OR, take it back, then sit and use a variety of machines till you are excited and happy with a different machine. Being disappointed is so frustrating, and darn right, well .. disappointing.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 PM

I have a brother embroidery and my thread kept breaking to until I used Brother thread and keep tabs on the needle when it needs to be changed. Mine uses the / as a space between lettering - just figured that one out last weekend! I have had the machine for 3 years and just started using it and wondered why I waited.

Good luck on yours, just takes some getting use to.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 PM

We are not all alike. If it doesn't work for YOU, return it with no guilt.

PS Life is too short to agonize like this. You could spend a happier time finding a machine that IS for YOU!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 AM

I have two brothers and absolutely love them...never let me down but don't use them everyday
Old 12-09-2010, 06:36 PM

I am going to look at the NX-450Q A Quilter's Staple machine...I looked at Elbamy i think that was the name and also the baby lock
Old 12-09-2010, 06:44 PM

I bought did not buy it at a dealers. I should have!!! that way I would have known this was not the machine for me. .
Originally Posted by cooper
i would not wait until my days are up
you want your things done in time, if you are like me
I think I would have the shop you bought locally from, if you did, give you a demo on your machine. or I would return it asap
Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 PM

My heart breaks for you, what a disappointment to get a new machine and to be let down.
Old 12-10-2010, 12:53 AM
PEP

carolaug, I have never used a Brother, but check the store with their return policy, but don't wait too long! Doesn't the store offer classes for you to learn "hands-on" how to use your machine. If you do decide to get your money back I strongly recommend a Bernina. I started in 1995 with a 1260 and now have an Bernina Artista 730 with an embroidery module. . .and I love it!! On occasion I still use the 1260! It's a gem too! Good luck whatever you decide.
Patty