Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-09-2010, 12:40 PM

I am really enjoying the brother/sister posts here on the board. I have (had) four brothers ( lost one)and it is sweet to see you both so close. Merry Christmas to you and your families.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Weedwoman
My friend, Terri, and I make 'preemie' quilts and donate them to the neonatal unit at Wesley in Wichita. To date we have donated close to 300 of them. The nurses tell us they don't last long because there are so many preemie babies born nowadays. It's a wonderful way to give and a great way to use up scraps or donated fabrics. Sometimes thaat is all that a mother has to take home with her is the quilt that her small one was wrapped in when she got to hold it. Not all the little ones make it home.
Anyway, any neonatal unit loves getting the little quilts so if anybody is yearning for a cause, this is a good one.
There are so many good causes out there now that can use quilts or anything homemade. My quilting club makes lap quilts each year around Christmas and they take them to the local Veterans Hospital. We also make larger quilts for any family that should have a house fire and lose everything. Last year I made bibs for the local nursing home also making cloth dolls for any little girl in the family where there house is lost to a fire. Just so many things that can really help out.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Howard
I am really enjoying the brother/sister posts here on the board. I have (had) four brothers ( lost one)and it is sweet to see you both so close. Merry Christmas to you and your families.
Thanks Howard. It's nice that I get to share this wonderful hobby with my sister.

Nancy: What a beautiful quilt!!! I love the colors, pattern and placement. Job well done.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:54 PM

This is one of my 301 machines. I am going to love sewing on him, after Billy works his magic. I think he is in pretty bad shape, but has MUCH potential.

I think everything is there
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140501[/ATTACH]

Pretty dirty!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140503[/ATTACH]

Love the long bed!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]140504[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-140496.jpe
Views:	101
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	140501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-140498.jpe
Views:	109
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	140503   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-140499.jpe
Views:	111
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	140504  
Old 12-09-2010, 12:58 PM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by Weedwoman
My friend, Terri, and I make 'preemie' quilts and donate them to the neonatal unit at Wesley in Wichita. To date we have donated close to 300 of them.

Anyway, any neonatal unit loves getting the little quilts so if anybody is yearning for a cause, this is a good one.
Wow, that is such a great thing to do!

Weedwoman, I love your Avator quilt!

Thanks, I finally made one for us to keep. Love scrap quilts and this one sure used the scraps.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:16 PM

Yes, I remember you stating that you made quilts for the Linus Connection. After reading that, I looked into the Linus Project and plan to make quilts for the local chapter after the holidays.

vintagemotif[quote]

The Linus Connection is a separate organization from Project Linus. The quilts and yarn blankets that are donated
to The Linus Connection stay in central Texas; Project Linus is nationwide. Both are great organizations.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM

[quote=BoJangles]
Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Now the machines really are finding me. Today, my dental hygienist gave me a Singer 66-2 machine,1925. ]

Here is one of my quilts -- I just got done quilting it. Next year, I hope I can do more on my treadles!

Nancy
Nancy that is a beautiful quilt. I love it! :D :D :D
Old 12-09-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles

Vintagemotif are you sure that is a 66? It sure looks like my 99 from Canada? Same decals. That machine will look really good when you get it cleaned up!

Here is one of my quilts -- I just got done quilting it. Next year, I hope I can do more on my treadles!

Nancy
I thought the machine was a 99 when I saw it, but after looking up the serial number, AA420007, I discovered it to be a 66. Decals remind me of the 99s.

Nancy, your quilt is beautiful. I love the bright colors and pattern. Is this one of those mystery quilts or the turning 20 again quilt patterns?
I like your quilting design too.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by pennijanine
This is one of my 301 machines. I am going to love sewing on him, after Billy works his magic. I think he is in pretty bad shape, but has MUCH potential.
Pennijanine, Nice machine! It will be gorgeous when it is all cleaned up.

I just noticed that you are from the Stockton area. I'm in the East Bay, Pleasanton area. Every day I check CL to see what new machines are posted in the Bay Area up to Sacramento (how I found Nancy's machine).
Old 12-09-2010, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
Originally Posted by darlin121
Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find Liquid Gold in the pour bottle? I've checked Wal-Mart, Piggly Wiggly, Winn-Dixie, Publix and Fresh Market. They all have it in the areosol can but not in the pour bottle. Anywhere else I can look?
If you haven't found it yet, I have gotten it at Ace Hardware.
I found it at Lowe's in the household cleaning supplies section.
Be careful because it was sitting right beside the aerosol cans.
Cindy