Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Well, that's a start. I've got my tree out of the box and the lights on and that's it. I hope to get more done this weekend. I hope to see you all soon. Keep your fingers crossed and your mouth closed. LOL. No one knows I may be coming home.

Oh, and you aren't a Scrooge!!! Not in my book anyway.
Well, considering what has happened to me on two Christmas' I wasn't even going to buy the tree, but I thought better of it, mostly for Stephanie's sake. I probably should have gotten a 4' tree, oh well. My big tree from last year ended up in the back yard; lights, ornaments and all. I hauled it off this past spring! I am trying to get back in the mood! Wish me luck all!!! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by quilterguy27
Originally Posted by Howard
I am really enjoying the brother/sister posts here on the board. I have (had) four brothers ( lost one)and it is sweet to see you both so close. Merry Christmas to you and your families.
Thanks Howard. It's nice that I get to share this wonderful hobby with my sister.

Nancy: What a beautiful quilt!!! I love the colors, pattern and placement. Job well done.
Same here Howard! I wish I had the time to be on here more, but I am going to school and working! I will try to get it together soon!
Old 12-09-2010, 05:55 PM

Guess what followed me home today? A crinkle finish Singer 66-18 in a cabinet w/the stool all for $20, Serial #
AG661233.
It just needs cleaning and oiling, I may drop it into my trapezoid cabinet or possibly do a motorectomy and put a spoked hand wheel on it. It runs very nicely too, the wiring is in good shape. The veneer on the cabinet needs a bit of work though.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:59 PM

Here is one of my quilts -- I just got done quilting it. Next year, I hope I can do more on my treadles!

Nancy[/quote]

Nancy,
That's a beautiful quilt! The quilting is awesome!
Sharon
Old 12-09-2010, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by purplefiend
Guess what followed me home today? A crinkle finish Singer 66-18 in a cabinet w/the stool all for $20, Serial #
AG661233.
It just needs cleaning and oiling, I may drop it into my trapezoid cabinet or possibly do a motorectomy and put a spoked hand wheel on it. It runs very nicely too, the wiring is in good shape. The veneer on the cabinet needs a bit of work though.
I want to see! That is a great deal with stool too! What is a trapezoid cabinet?
Old 12-09-2010, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by pennijanine
This is one of my 301 machines. I am going to love sewing on him, after Billy works his magic. I think he is in pretty bad shape, but has MUCH potential.
And I am ready for her anytime she gets here!! I have 3 right now that I will have finished by Tuesday and I have a Model 27 to work on then but otherwise I am catching up.

Billy
Old 12-09-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

I love the quilt and I think it is just lovely!! Did you do it on a treadle Nancy?

Lots of us are busy with the Christmas rush but the shop is nice and warm with Egg Nog and Christmas cookies for everyone. And there is some hot Buttered Rum if you want!

Billy
Old 12-09-2010, 06:39 PM

I just brought home a very old lady. I haven't had time to look anything up, but she's no featherweight - the little bugger weighs 30 pounds. She has a shuttle instead of a bobbin. I'm not sure I've ever seen one prior to today.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Hey everybody - I just posted some parts pictures on Main under "What Parts do I have?" - I really wanted it to be here. Can you look at my post & see what I have? Especially Billy.

Eva
Old 12-09-2010, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
I thought the machine was a 99 when I saw it, but after looking up the serial number, AA420007, I discovered it to be a 66. Decals remind me of the 99s.

Nancy, your quilt is beautiful. I love the bright colors and pattern. Is this one of those mystery quilts or the turning 20 again quilt patterns?
I like your quilting design too.
Thank you everyone for the compliments on my Quilt. No that quilt is not a Turning 20 Again or one of my Mystery Quilts. The FM ribbon quilting I did on my long arm - sorry Billy -- I didn't use a treadle to Free Motion Quilt. I will FM quilt the smaller ones, but that is a King size quilt. I just didn't have the time nor the desire to crawl around on the floor for 2 to 3 hours pinning. Although, I have done that plenty of times!

Anyway, you guys are very inspiring! I am now piecing on the treadle and thread playing on the treadle, but not quilting big quilts!

Nancy