Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilt Patterns >

Quilt Patterns

Quilt Patterns

Old 12-09-2010, 05:43 PM

Decided to practice on quilting preemie baby quilts first. I plan to take them to a hospital where I was treated for cancer 3 yrs ago. I do this to repay them for being so nice to me. So far, I have given them baby bibs, adult bibs. and some "ugly dolls" (no hair no clothes and can be boys or girls). Good sewing practice) I can use up the smaller scraps, too.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:46 PM

I have never done the same pattern twice. Once I have achieved a pattern, I move on.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:27 PM

I like to try different patterns. I have so many that I want to try, it could keep me busy for a long time. I have made nineteen Christmas table toppers like Riversong does. When I learn to post pictures I will show some on my work. For bed size quilts I always do different patterns. I also did a patchwork jacket by Uglecooks instructions.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:44 PM

I only do 2 of the same pattern if 2 people have requested the same quilt, except for baby quilts. Sometimes I have to get
one done in a hurry and then I fall back to some easy favorites.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:06 PM

Well I am an odd duck. First I learn a block and then I just go off on my own tangent arranging those blocks in various ways. I do this for about 5 charity quilts and then I go learn another block. As for patterns--I need not waste my money because once I get into the quilt about half way, I either loose my direction or like my own ideas better. Sometimes, it is a matter of time and I just throw on some borders if I become discouraged with trying to follow a pattern, anything to get the quilt done and on its way to Project Linus or Hope Haven. Quilting is my hobby and I doubt that there is a child out there that would be upset knowing I put something together incorrectly. :)
Old 12-09-2010, 07:10 PM
Cyn

I do them once and then I have to move on to next "to do"
Old 12-09-2010, 07:11 PM

I have done several of one pattern, but a LOT of different ones too. It seems to me thats the way to increase my skills. I just keep trying new things, and I get WAY to many ideas from this board
Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 PM

To add to my search for this book or pattern. I looked several different ways on Amazon and then went back and found it the last time. Ordered it and it's on it's way... Thanks
Old 12-09-2010, 07:16 PM

I was looking at all the photos of the quilts I have made and realized that most were in the same pattern catagory. I guess we tend to stay with what we are comfortable with.
Maybe the new year I will try to stray from my box and try something new.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:21 PM

i have not made the same pattern twice( not yet anyway)i always like to try something differant each time