Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Upholstery Sample Bags/Purses >

Upholstery Sample Bags/Purses

Upholstery Sample Bags/Purses

Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 AM

I'd love to know how you made these. They would be a hit with my family.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM

love the purses and the buttons good job.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:58 PM

My DS and BIL were recently visiting for a couple of weeks. They brought their barstool seats and backs with them for me to show them how to re-upholster them. They were going to throw out the old upholstery but it only had slight wear on the chair seat covers at the very edge. So I said leave them with me because I like to use every sewing leftover if possible. I'm thinking about making 1 or 2 lg grocery tote bags and giving them back to them as a surprise extra Christmas present. Your pictures are great inspiration and are beautiful!
Old 12-13-2010, 02:58 PM

Love your bags and the colours, just my cup of tea.Must be difficult to machine! Would be nice to have the pattern and a tute for bonus please.Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 05:28 PM

Very nice bags. I have made bags out of upholstery fabric and faux vinyl and they hold up well and take a lot of wear and tear.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:32 PM

do you make the buttons on the handles detach? Or are they just how you attached them. They are alllllllll adorable. I love making bags and love to see the different ideas.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by BarbZ
do you make the buttons on the handles detach? Or are they just how you attached them. They are alllllllll adorable. I love making bags and love to see the different ideas.
The buttons "do not" detach .... I sew the handles on by machine ..... then "hand sew" the buttons over the top, where the handles are attached to the bag. I guess you could call the button a "camouflage" to where the handles are sewn on.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:31 AM

Very nice. I like the design too.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:00 AM

Your bags are great. They would sell well in boutiques and specialty shops for a nice profit.
I do not know the designers name, but there is a store here where I live that is high-end. I was in there the other day for a gift for my SQA and they had some handbags made from heavy duty vinyl, the handles were airline wire with a clear tube over that, attached with crimp thingy's. They were selling for about $125 and were not any bigger than yours. Clerk said they are selling like hot cakes. They were really great and I even wanted one.
Go for it!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
Your bags are great. They would sell well in boutiques and specialty shops for a nice profit.
I do not know the designers name, but there is a store here where I live that is high-end. I was in there the other day for a gift for my SQA and they had some handbags made from heavy duty vinyl, the handles were airline wire with a clear tube over that, attached with crimp thingy's. They were selling for about $125 and were not any bigger than yours. Clerk said they are selling like hot cakes. They were really great and I even wanted one.
Go for it!
We only live 70 miles from Sun Valley, ID and they have all kinds of speciality shops up there. Had one of my bags with me, while up there for a convention gathering .... the shop owners went nuts over them. "If" I could just get enough of these bags put together I'd take them up there .... however I seem to get bogged down in so many other things, I never seem to find the time to get started on them!