Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
accu cutter >

accu cutter

accu cutter

Old 12-13-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by katied772
Originally Posted by RkayD
Originally Posted by OmaForFour
That system (even the GO) is too expensive for me. My husband bought me the QuiltCut2 for Christmas. I will let you know how it is when it arrives.
It cost $300 with the carrying case. Rather than explain it here, just google it to see.
I've had mine for almost 13 years and LOVE it! Other than having to replace the mats and do the upgrade...which was a new ruler and mat...its been awesome
I bought the Go awhile back. Just got the 5" and 2-1/2" dies but love them. I also would like to get the QuiltCut2. Trying to find one used.
I think it would be great if the DH bought me this for xmas! I would consider it my mas, birthday and anni present for like the next 2 years even!!!
Old 12-13-2010, 12:27 PM

That system (even the GO) is too expensive for me. My husband bought me the QuiltCut2 for Christmas. I will let you know how it is when it arrives.
It cost $300 with the carrying case. Rather than explain it here, just google it to see.
I've had mine for almost 13 years and LOVE it! Other than having to replace the mats and do the upgrade...which was a new ruler and mat...its been awesome
I've looked and looked, clicked and clicked, but NO information comes up on the internet for QuiltCut2. I've never heard of it.

Omaforfour please post some photos or some other information about this product. It seems like it would be a competitor for the AccuQuilt cutting machine. But I can't get any info.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2010, 01:15 PM

I purchased a Go this spring with a mix and match set of dies for making 12" blocks. I saved over $200 by getting it from Amazon. I absolutely love it! I've added many of the dies to my collection and will be getting more for Christmas. If you check all the sellers on Amazon, you can save about 40% on the dies.

I guess I'm pretty lucky. A few months after I bought my Go, I entered the Friday Fun contest on Accuquilt's Facebook page and won a second Go! I donated it to my quilt guild to be used for our charity quilt projects and for our members to use. They love it!

It really saves a lot of time and all the available videos on u tube give you some wonderful tips on it's use, how to care for it, minimizing fabric waste, etc. To me it's the greatest invention since chocolate! Now I get inspired to quilt more easily because I'm constantly looking to see what I can cut with my Go.

Someone mentioned in an earlier post about putting a piece of paper on the die. A sheet of paper placed over the fabric, directly under the cutting mat prevents the fabric from slipping and distorting. I've found this particularly useful when cutting strips.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:40 PM

A friend and I both have purchased the studio cutter and different dies. We swap out dies with each other that way we can share. Just love it. I save my birthday and christmas money to buy new dies, but before I do, my friend and I get together to make sure we don't buy the same ones.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:49 PM

Its really not that expensive if you figure out how much you spend on rotary blades...my GO has paid for its self....time and cost of replacing rotary blades. I am very thrifty and I have no regrets buying the GO. And if any ones asks me what I want for Christmas...I say Dies please...no more gifts that I just throw in the closet.
Originally Posted by rivka
I would really love to have one of these, but the cost of the cutter plus the dies is just too much. What are the dies made of to be so expensive, I have to wonder!
Old 12-13-2010, 03:32 PM

I have the GO cutter. It is awesome. Cut scraps up for a baby quilt for my daughter-in-law to make. Took just minutes. I have a longarm quilting machine and I take the backing left overs and cut binding from it. It takes seconds to crank it through and each strip is perfect. You will not be sorry if you decide to get one.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:13 PM

the go is a great machine. it works. all the time. don't try to compare the simplicity strip cutter to it. there is no comparison. the go works, it is simple and easy. and it is fun. i got the 2 1/2 strip cutter for the go and marked it like they said. diamonds are quick and easy. i will be getting the double wedding ring die and the rose of sharon die. and the hex. and ........ as many as i can. lol. it is well worth the money.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:16 PM

I have one question regarding the accu cutter. Is it a pain to prepare the fabric ie: cutting it into the correct size to go through the machine?
Old 12-13-2010, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by gingerella
I've looked and looked, clicked and clicked, but NO information comes up on the internet for QuiltCut2. I've never heard of it.

Omaforfour please post some photos or some other information about this product. It seems like it would be a competitor for the AccuQuilt cutting machine. But I can't get any info.

Thanks
Try this:
http://www.quiltcut.com/
Old 12-13-2010, 04:38 PM

Our local quilt guild is purchasing one for members to use.