Your Worst Gift ?

Old 12-13-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sharon321
My ex-husband on our last Christmas together bought me a frying pan, slippers that were too small (I wear a size six) and a used paperback copy of "Out of Africa" with a sales receipt in it for a bookmark.

Also to those of you that have gotten various appliances,you should have followed my sister-in-laws' example. She told her husband. "If it comes with a cord, it is an appliance not a present."
i told my dh that for years... one day we were in the kitchen store, where i was looking at the 6 qt kitchen aid mixer.. dh said, i was thinking about that last year for christmas, but it plugs in....

i made an exception for my birthday... love that thing!
Old 12-13-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by NancyG
He was probably thinking that was something HE'D like. Those men!!!!
is that like when dh buys my lingerie??
Old 12-13-2010, 05:42 PM

This thread is just way too funny!!!

Here goes: On our wedding day, hubby and I exchanged our gifts to each other. Hubby hands me a jewelry box and as I'm opening it, says...."my mother said that every bride should have pearls to wear for her wedding." Big mistake.....I opened the box, there were the pearls and I nearly cried my eyes out. Then hubby says..."oh, I think this is for you, too." A three heart necklace that I had seen at the jewelry store." And I'm sure you're wondering what I gave him.....a leisure suit.......what was I thinking!!!??? LOL
Old 12-13-2010, 06:05 PM

Oh these are just hilarious! The engagement ring stories remind me of the first Christmas my husband (then boyfriend) attempted to surprise me with a great gift. He didn't know at the time that I'm a peeker. He had put a pretty, little box under the tree and I just knew it had to be an engagement ring, so I peeked! It was a roll of film! At least I had a few days to get over my dissapointment before opening the gift in front of him, and the film did come with a camera (which I hadn't found). So it wasn't exactly the worst gift, but we gals love those diamonds!
Old 12-13-2010, 06:08 PM

A diet and exercise book authored by Debbie Drake (remember her). I was 10 years old :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 12-13-2010, 06:22 PM

I don't remember the worst, but my mother always bought the same exact gift for me and my SIL, just different colors. No thought, just easy way out.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:37 PM

OK...Myworst gift ever was a wedding gift from my sil(notice I did not say DSIL-LOL!). She gave my DH and I a check for $50. We were really strapped for cash as I was working for $5 an hour and he was working and going to school. Her check bounced which in turn caused us to bounce 3 checks! A very expensive gift in the long run!! 22 years later and she has never acknowledged the bounced check or apologized for it!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:13 PM

Oh my but I am blessed, my DH always gives me the most wonderful gifts. HOWEVER, I have yet to give him anything he "likes" even if it is what he wants. It is never the right color, size, etc. THAT hurts too. SO, he no longer gets anything but a card telling him how much I love him. This is our 21st year together and I would not trade him for the world.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
My husband gave me a weed whacker for Mother's day once. I thought I could get mad or just get even so on Father's day, I gave him a new quilting book. We laughed so hard. We have done this every year since.
Touche!
Old 12-13-2010, 08:06 PM

The worse gift I've ever got was a gift certificate for a manicure. For some people, this is a great gift. Unfortunately, not for me. I dislike manicures in general but I also keep my nails short because I work in a hospital lab. I had decided that I would just let the certificate expire when my mother asked if she could have it for a friend two weeks before it expired. I was happy that someone got to indulge themselves and that the gift wasn't wasted.