Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
accu cutter >

accu cutter

accu cutter

Old 12-13-2010, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
Originally Posted by klarina
I have the Go and love it. I have all the strip dies that are very handy and a 5x5 die plus the ones that come with the machine.
I want to buy some other dies but with what I have, I having too much fun.
ditto i absolutely love the rag dies haven't had time to try anything else
What are rag dies? What do they look like?
Old 12-13-2010, 07:42 PM

I love mine. I have tried the Simplicity Strip cutter, both ones, and they are terrible, returned both. But the accu-cut is so much faster and my strips are even. I am hoping I get more dies for Christmas. I have already bought a lot when I got the machine. I thought I got a good deal from Nancy's Notions when I bought it. Has anyone ever cut the rag quilt squares? Which size have you used? I think I would like the 5 inch better than 10 inch, but not sure.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:59 PM

I have a different brand and I like it too.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:07 PM

I got my Accuquilt GO from DH for Christmas.Wouldn't sell it or trade for anything!!LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
Old 12-14-2010, 03:40 AM

I just bought the Baby Go at Shopper's Rule for $99. But nothing came with it..no dies, mats..nothing! I was disappointed, cuz now I have to pay extra for the basic dies and mat which by the time I pay for them I could have had a GO for the same money which already includes the basic accessories, I believe. Joann's had them for $199. So I haven't even had a chance to try it cuz I can't afford to get the accessories.
Old 12-14-2010, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by gingerella
Today I used my Accuquilt fabric cutter for the first time since I got it Friday Evening.

The first turns were hard. I am into the fifth or sixth week of carpal tunnel/trigger finger surgery one hand and just carpal tunnel the other hand. No fun. I'm a bit concerned that it will not be easier with practice, but my DH has said he would help. I got it because I wanted to cut the fabric, not ask him to help me every time. RATS.

So, my first use of the machine was not too good. I am hopeful it will get better. We go down to Arizona for a few weeks every year after Christmas and I got it so that I could take with me in the RV. Good for that as it is portable. So, along with my small sewing machine and the Accuquilt I was truly hoping for a good few weeks down south. Maybe ..
Gingerella, I have basically the same hand problems- but I am about 4 months after surgery, what a DIFFERENCE. The first few weeks were tough, but as it heals I find I am doing more and more without pain. At five-six weeks post-op it was still bothering me quite a bit. Now I can't wait to have the other hand done!

Also, the Accuquilt does get easier and easier to use - start with just a few layers and as it "breaks in" you should find it turning with less effort.

Good luck!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:12 AM

I can see from the posts that most everyone loves their Go Cutters. I get why it works well for applique pieces and lots of small pieces, but I'm not sure why or how it works for borders. Can anyone explain about making borders?
Old 12-14-2010, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by katied772
Originally Posted by RkayD
Originally Posted by OmaForFour
That system (even the GO) is too expensive for me. My husband bought me the QuiltCut2 for Christmas. I will let you know how it is when it arrives.
It cost $300 with the carrying case. Rather than explain it here, just google it to see.
I've had mine for almost 13 years and LOVE it! Other than having to replace the mats and do the upgrade...which was a new ruler and mat...its been awesome
I've looked and looked, clicked and clicked, but NO information comes up on the internet for QuiltCut2. I've never heard of it.

Do you have a problem with lining up the 'speed gauge'? It looks like it would be difficult to see precisely, especially with progressive glasses.

Peggy

Omaforfour please post some photos or some other information about this product. It seems like it would be a competitor for the AccuQuilt cutting machine. But I can't get any info.

Thanks
Try this:
http://www.quiltcut.com/
Old 12-14-2010, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Happy Tails
Originally Posted by klarina
I have the Go and love it. I have all the strip dies that are very handy and a 5x5 die plus the ones that come with the machine.
I want to buy some other dies but with what I have, I having too much fun.
ditto i absolutely love the rag dies haven't had time to try anything else
I have seen those but don't know exactly wht they are. I know a rag quilt from fleece is just tying the string. Is this the same ? I also wanted to know what the embroidery dies are do you or anyone else know???I love my ACCUQUILT GO
Old 12-15-2010, 10:00 AM

Today I used my Accuquilt fabric cutter for the first time since I got it Friday Evening.

The first turns were hard. I am into the fifth or sixth week of carpal tunnel/trigger finger surgery one hand and just carpal tunnel the other hand. No fun. I'm a bit concerned that it will not be easier with practice, but my DH has said he would help. I got it because I wanted to cut the fabric, not ask him to help me every time. RATS.

So, my first use of the machine was not too good. I am hopeful it will get better. We go down to Arizona for a few weeks every year after Christmas and I got it so that I could take with me in the RV. Good for that as it is portable. So, along with my small sewing machine and the Accuquilt I was truly hoping for a good few weeks down south. Maybe ..
Honey let him help,there far to few things men want to help with what a wonderful way to spend time together