Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
UFO Challenge of the Month 2010 >

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

UFO Challenge of the Month 2010

Old 12-13-2010, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by marcias
I forgot to ask, what is PL? 11 quilts, WOW!
I believe it is Project Linus.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by marcias
I forgot to ask, what is PL? 11 quilts, WOW!
Yes, Project Linus.
I can do a simple top like those in about 30-35 minutes after the strips are cut--I do wide strips, sew 2 together and cut with the rotary.....and no, I do NOT fuss or try to have perfect corners, though they are usually pretty good. For sure, the kids do not care, and I make a LOT of quilts! About an hour per quilt top, usually.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by burnsk
We definitely have to keep this UFO Challenge going for 2011. Do we just keep this thread going or should we start a new one? I have enough UFO's to keep me going to 2014 LOLOLOL
I vote for a new one too. I am looking forward to joining in January! Lots of projects to complete!

If I bought all the materials for a new project (including planning the layout), but never started it, is it a UFO?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:20 AM

I have several quilts that I bought the material for and forgot to put them with the pattern. I have no clue what I was going to make. So I will join. It will give me a reason to stay out of the fabric store until I finish at least one.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 AM

If I bought all the materials for a new project (including planning the layout), but never started it, is it a UFO?[/quote]

In my opinion(not worth enough to buy a cup of coffee), if I have bought fabric and a pattern but never made one block, that is not a UFO unless I still want to make that quilt. It would be some fabric to make another quilt I want to make at this point in my life. lol
Of course, if you don't have any UFOs and want to consider it one for this challenge, why not? I have several UFOs that only have the fabric already cut and one or a few blocks made. I have some blocks that were made with no other fabric cut, so I plan on doing some orphan quilts. Let me stop talking and ask our fearless moderator the answer to your question.(who was nice enough to start this challenge and I only found it last month).
Old 12-14-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Kathcart
We definitely have to keep this UFO Challenge going for 2011. Do we just keep this thread going or should we start a new one? I have enough UFO's to keep me going to 2014 LOLOLOL
I vote for a new one too. I am looking forward to joining in January! Lots of projects to complete!

If I bought all the materials for a new project (including planning the layout), but never started it, is it a UFO?
Quick - make one cut and I think it will qualify :thumbup:
Started but not finished.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:31 PM

Ha ha! Good way to take care of that problem!
Old 12-22-2010, 05:16 AM

Count me in! I've got all kinds of stuff I haven't finished yet.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:27 AM

Perfect Solution!
:thumbup:
Old 12-22-2010, 06:41 AM

I have been off the board for quite awhile, but am looking forward to a new 2011 UFO Challenge. Any idea when the new topic will be posted for us? Are we just going to continue on this one? Can count me in though for sure!! I sure have missed all of you too!!