Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rowenta or......??? >

Rowenta or......???

Rowenta or......???

Old 12-15-2010, 06:48 AM

I am with some of the others. I had a Rowenta and it leaked and one time it leaked and caused brown spots on the back of my quilt. My DH went to Wal Mart and bought me a sunbeam and I have never had a problem with it. Hope this helps. I think , personally that Rowenta's are not what they say they are

I am with some of the others. I had a Rowenta and it leaked and one time it leaked and caused brown spots on the back of my quilt. My DH went to Wal Mart and bought me a sunbeam and I have never had a problem with it. Hope this helps. I think , personally that Rowenta's are not what they say they are

Old 12-15-2010, 06:55 AM

I love HB irons. I bought one many years ago at Pic 'n Save (now called Big Lots) and it was great. Then something broke on it. I still had the box which had a service phone or address on it. I contacted them, sent it back, and they sent me either a new or fixed iron. I have had that thing for years, and it has fallen off the ironing board more times than I can count (dogs....). Best customer service I have had for anything, so I'd check with HB. Maybe they will be good to you, too.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by jdeery
You would really laugh at me, I got a $7.00 iron at Walmart
and love it. It is light, has steam, I use it to travel with.
It's just a cheap iron...it isn't necessary to get an expensive
iron!
I have one of those, too. I take with me to classes. Works well for an "el cheapo!"
Old 12-15-2010, 06:57 AM

I'm on my second Rowenta. The first was used for clothes, and I used steam all the time. It leaked the whole time, (brown water on my work clothes!!) and didn't last long at all. Because I really liked it when it was new, I took a chance and bought another, less expensive model. I don't iron clothes very often anymore, and I don't use steam, and I really like this iron. That said, I really want an Eliso because I have tendonitus and carpal tunnel and think it would be less stress on my hands and wrists. The high voltage one was $158 at my local sewing machine shop but I'm sure it can found for less. I think they are like cars, some are lemons. Does anyone have feedback on the Eliso?
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 AM

And it doesn't shut off, which I really like.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:00 AM

Stay away from Rowenta's they are not worth the money & if you have to have them fixed they cost the same as buying a new iron.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 AM

I use a Black and Decker that I've had for probably 15 years. It heats quickly and has survived being knocked off the ironing board quite a few times. It does steam and has a good burst of steam.
I had a Rowenta but it didn't heat nearly as well. After a while the steam didn't work properly either.
I've considered one of the irons that jump up when you let go of the handle. But pricey, so haven't gotten one.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:09 AM

Put me on the "I hate my Rowenta" list. I have a Black and Decker and it is Ok, but the holes are too big and the corners of my blocks get crunched more often them my liking. I have not found the perfect iron yet, but I know it will not be a Rowenta when I do. It Beeps and shuts off way too soon. Then I have to shake it to turn it back on. I just hate everything about it.