Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Trouble with Janome bobbins >

Trouble with Janome bobbins

Trouble with Janome bobbins

Old 12-18-2010, 09:11 PM

I love my Janome MC 9000. Never had problem with the bobbins.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
hmmmm, when i fill a bobbin on top i hold the end of the thread i've put through the hole in the bobbin top until the thread has gone around the bobbin at least three or four times, stop and trim the thread, then continue filling.

so far, no problems. i have a MC4800
That's how I do it too and I have never had a problem. I have a MC6500.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:15 PM

I dont have this problem with my Janome, but My Bernette that I use for Class will do this. I think it is because when I wind bobbins, it tends to fill up on the bottom unless I help it along. That can be corrected by adjusting the screw on the little disc that you wrap your thread around before going to the bobbin. I just havent found the sweet spot yet.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:27 PM

Thanks for your e mail reg. the bobbins. I am planning to buy the Janome Machine available in India. Now i am in two minds. :cry:
Old 12-19-2010, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bjnicholson
The SQA are different than the normal class 15s. The gals at my LQS where I purchased it have said so. Believe, me I know how to wind a bobbin. I have rewound my bobbins for my SQA so many times I lost count. The only thing that helps me is a little (a 1/4" if that) piece of thick tape, right now I'm using the seam allowance tape, in the bottom of the bobbin casing. It seems to keep the bobbin from jumping around and I've had no problem with it since. Before that the darn thing would skip out of the guide and the thread was being fed off the front (towards you) instead of the back. Sounds crazy but it works for me.
the difference between a Class L bobbin and a Class 15 is hard to see at first. Ls are the same width as a 15, but not as high.

a Class L will "jump around" in a Janome because it doesn't fill the whole bobbin case. as we've read in the tips given here, you can use an L in a machine built for 15s, but once you've collected enough 15s, i'd recommend you gift the Ls to somebody whose machine was built for those.

most commercial prewounds are made using Class L bobbins. they don't normally have the little leader holes, either, so are nearly impossible to re-use.

when you shop for prewounds to use in a Janome it's very important to shop for only reusable Class 15s. if the vendor doesn't show a photo in which you can clearly see the little leader holes, and if it doesn't clearly state they are Class 15s then keep looking.

i have always had success with prewound bought here:
http://www.terradonembroidery.com/clear_quilt_15.htm
Old 12-19-2010, 08:42 AM

I have a 9500 and have the same problem. This is the 2nd time i took it to the shop for this problem. I hope they tell me whats going on.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Banned

have you signed on to the Jamome Yahoo group and posted the question. Lots of answers there.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:31 AM

He did not say why. But when I tried them, (the prewound bobbins) my machine just clunked up on the bottom of the fabric. My Viking did alright but it is not a computer machine.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:02 PM

My DC 2010 just started doing the same thing. The bobbin just starts "jumping", so at least sounds that way and then the thread gets bunched up in the back.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
I have 3 different Janome machines, a Memory Craft, the 6600 and the AQS. On the 6600 and the AQS, I am frequently having trouble with the bobbins when they get towards the end. The bobbins are Janome brand bought at the Janome dealer and are wound on the Janome machines. They look perfectly fine but when it gets down to maybe 10%, it starts making a mess all over the material and knotting up. Once I put in a new bobbin, everything seems fine. I've cleaned out both machines. I just don't understand why I'm having the same problem on 2 different machines. Any ideas?
I had the 6600 and had the same problem. Just got rid of it. Had it serviced etc. was told nothing wrong with that part of the machine.....