Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sore , tired and achy hands >

Sore , tired and achy hands

Sore , tired and achy hands

Old 12-19-2010, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by Barbie
I have the same thing on my left hand and on the middle finger of my right hand that I use to push the needle through the quilt. Sorry to say, my doctor told me it is arthritis. I love hand quilting because it is so relaxing to me. Never watch TV without something in my hands to work on. She, also, told me "use it or lose it". So, I just keep on keeping on.
Good Girl!!!!!! Beethoven composed and he was deaf! Edie
Old 12-19-2010, 09:10 AM

I'm with you. I love my paraffin bath. I use it on my feet too. But also, I have a prescription anti-inflammatory cream that works like magic. My husband loves it too.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by catrancher
I'm with you. I love my paraffin bath. I use it on my feet too. But also, I have a prescription anti-inflammatory cream that works like magic. My husband loves it too.
Sounds interesting. What is the name of the anti-inflam cream. I am thinking for my husband. Edie
Old 12-19-2010, 02:31 PM

k9dancer, once the triangles are sewn, they have to be cut & that's what I have trouble with for the present. I tried it several times & can cut, but see that it puts to much stress on the scar for now. The nerves are growing back & it's best for me to wait until the surgery site is all healed, inside & out, before I cause more damage. I have used the method you're talking about, and it works well. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edie, I waited 10 years from the time I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel until I had the surgery in Nov. If you had the burning type pain I had in my whole hand when I woke up with my entire hand cold & throbbing (felt like it was on fire), you might rethink surgery. Bone spurs versus nerve damage.....lots of difference. I had a golf ball sized bone spur chiseled off my left sciatic nerve in 1998, so know all about those. They are hereditary & I have them all up & down my spine, on my right heel, left shoulder.... My Dad had them & he was to the point he couldn't turn his neck to the right.

I don't advocate any kind of surgery, but have had to have some, and once I was out of the torturing pain, I wondered why I waited so long. I pray you can get by without any and am glad you aren't giving up. I'm not giving up, just doing what I have to do to get better.
Old 12-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Check out drdavidwilliams.com. I use Joint Advantage Gold for my formerly achy joints. Great stuff!
Old 12-19-2010, 03:12 PM

I had a lot of arthritis pain and I started taking 2 black cherry pills a day and it went away.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:43 PM

Hello! Ask your Dr. if he could prescribe Voltaren gel as an anti inflamatory med.It works really well. Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by craftyone27
Originally Posted by wolfkitty
I use Biofreeze. Just need a small dab, and it works quite well. Mild odor disappears quickly.
I have heard of this product before, and heard it also works well for neuropathy in the feet. Where do you find this? I have never seen it in the store.
I've seen Biofreeze in my chiropractor's office...I've never used it, but those who have swear by it.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:52 PM

Wow! I am going to give that a try! I use the biofreeze also but you can't use too much of that. I use vicks for everything else might as well try it for the bump. Thanks. Just new to this site and already learning something.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:53 PM

I just had a total knee last June and before that the only way I could get around was with the help of the biofreeze and my bed buddy.