Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-19-2010, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by whenpigsfly
Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
I THINK I have a copy of the manual here about somewhere, but can't find anything just now, so if you'll wait until mid-January and ask me again, I should be able to find it by then!!

Folks on this site are so very kind! Absolutely! I'll be willing to wait (at least a month before I pester you!). Seriously, thank you so much for being so neighborly!
Look what I found!! This is on Vintage Singers Yahoo group, and you don't even have to wait until I excavate the basement:

http://www.wghmch.com/Singer_328.pdf
Old 12-19-2010, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Miz Johnny
Look what I found!! This is on Vintage Singers Yahoo group, and you don't even have to wait until I excavate the basement:

http://www.wghmch.com/Singer_328.pdf

Wow! I've found several sites selling REALLY pricey down loadable manuals. But I'm too tight with a dollar to pay almost as much for a manual as I paid for the machine! This is terrific! THANK YOU!
(PS: for your next remarkable feat, tell me you know someone who's selling a Featherweight for $25!! -- and you don't want it!)
Old 12-19-2010, 11:16 AM

Wow! I've found several sites selling REALLY pricey down loadable manuals. But I'm too tight with a dollar to pay almost as much for a manual as I paid for the machine! This is terrific! THANK YOU!
(PS: for your next remarkable feat, tell me you know someone who's selling a Featherweight for $25!! -- and you don't want it!)[/quote]

You're tooooooo funny
Old 12-19-2010, 11:53 AM

Just got a Mason treadle. I need the "t shirt" throat plate, if anyone has one to sell.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by tomilu
Just got a Mason treadle. I need the "t shirt" throat plate, if anyone has one to sell.
Correction: I have the correct throat plate. I just need the "filler" section that goes to the left of the throat plate. Seems like those are missing on a lot of the pics I have seen.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by seahug
Hello everyone I was told you all might be able to help me identify my new machine. I fouinf it on cregslist for $35.00 . Needless to say I jumped on it. It was picked up today and should be in my hands around the first week in Jan. I am very excitied. I just want to know something about it. I do know it was made in 1949 in New Jersery.
That is a 66-16 with the Back Tack feature, this is one of my favorite 66's made.
Seahug and Billy,
My BelAir 600, Made in Occupied Japan, looks almost exactly like that machine. Would a 66 manual help me with the threading/bobbin issue? Just curious and thanks for any info.

Chris
Old 12-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Seahug and Billy,
My BelAir 600, Made in Occupied Japan, looks almost exactly like that machine. Would a 66 manual help me with the threading/bobbin issue? Just curious and thanks for any info.

Chris
It very well could, a lot of the Japanese machines mimicked the American machines at the time. Just the fact that it is made in occupied Japan makes it very collectible!

Billy
Old 12-19-2010, 05:49 PM

Here is a pic of that domestic maachine and the needle sets to the left it will do a zz stitch. I am not sure what the ab settings ate on the top of machine and don't know a whole lot about it.

Judy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-145409.jpe
Views:	397
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	145414  
Old 12-19-2010, 06:26 PM

Here is a pic of that domestic maachine and the needle sets to the left it will do a zz stitch. I am not sure what the ab settings ate on the top of machine and don't know a whole lot about it.

Judy
I love all of the different ways that these older machines look! Eye candy :mrgreen:
Old 12-19-2010, 07:19 PM

Judy
I'm not familiar with this machine but could the ab setting actually control the needle position? Was there a dot in between the a and b indicating rhe middle of something?
Cindy