Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here) >

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Applique Club (Do you like to applique, lets chit chat here)

Old 12-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Suz

Bonnie, Tell Mom, if she doesn't like it, you know someone who does. Bonnie, look at you!!! Your workmanship is getting so good, color selections, excellent. Little teardrops even and the inside/outside curves of the double leaves are really good and no little points. Placement of design on the background is great. The little frame in the middle, did you do reverse applique? I can tell you are working hard on your skills. Keep it up. I hope all of the ladies/men(?) of our Applique Club will have a blessed Christmas. Suzanne

P.S.: I have my heart wallhanging done and need to post it as well as give you all instruction on the piping as I had promised earlier. I machine quilted this project and hope the feather design I did on the o/s border will show in the pics.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Suz
Bonnie, Tell Mom, if she doesn't like it, you know someone who does. Bonnie, look at you!!! Your workmanship is getting so good, color selections, excellent. Little teardrops even and the inside/outside curves of the double leaves are really good and no little points. Placement of design on the background is great. The little frame in the middle, did you do reverse applique? I can tell you are working hard on your skills. Keep it up. I hope all of the ladies/men(?) of our Applique Club will have a blessed Christmas. Suzanne

P.S.: I have my heart wallhanging done and need to post it as well as give you all instruction on the piping as I had promised earlier. I machine quilted this project and hope the feather design I did on the o/s border will show in the pics.
Thanks Suzanne.

It was easy to get points since I used fusible (grins). I was trying to work on getting my stitching smaller and more even. I think I did pretty good on it. I will be making it again. The fabrics, which I had laying around, just seemed to scream USE ME when I found the pattern. I have used that red on so many things this year that I hope it will be around for a bit. I might have to go buy more just to have on hand for projects.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:25 AM

It turned out really good Bonni. I'm sure that your Mom will love it.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Love to applique. Am certainly not a pro, but my goal for this year is to applique a quilt for the Tucson Quilt Show for January 2012. So please count me in, maybe we can all start a project together. I sure could use some help. Buy the way, I do hand applique.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by AnnTherrien
Love to applique. Am certainly not a pro, but my goal for this year is to applique a quilt for the Tucson Quilt Show for January 2012. So please count me in, maybe we can all start a project together. I sure could use some help. Buy the way, I do hand applique.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:18 PM

Welcome Ann, things are a little slow right now because of Christmas, but will probably pick up in the new year. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:57 PM

Thanks Bonnie, all so lovely!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Psychomomquilter
Thanks Bonnie, all so lovely!
anytime you have questions, just let us know. There are lots of way to do applique and they are all discussed on this board. :)
Old 12-21-2010, 06:02 AM

Everyones projects are all turning out so pretty. I decided to make christmas hot pads for several family members for xmas gifts so my applique project is on hold until after the holidays.
Happy Holidays Everyone.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Everyones projects are all turning out so pretty. I decided to make christmas hot pads for several family members for xmas gifts so my applique project is on hold until after the holidays.
Happy Holidays Everyone.
I tried something new today- machine applique. This time I did it on the machine and used a small zigzag. Not the best but not the worst. I read someplace (don't know where...perhaps on this board) to go around twice because it helps to fill in the gaps. That is what I did.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-147014.jpe
Views:	266
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	147019