Is it offensive?

Old 12-22-2010, 05:45 AM

I use " Xmas " alot. It always reminds me of the cross? It is amazing how everyone can look at things so differently. I am a Christian, I am celebrating Jesus's birthday. but no matter anyone's religious views I want them to have a wonderful holiday with love in their lives and happiness in there hearts.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:28 AM

I say Merry Christmas because I am Christian. If some one said Happy Hannukah or Happy Holidays, I would not be offended. I would take it in the good spirit it was intended. In a world where we are suppose to be accepting of other religions, then please be accepting of mine and allow me to wish you a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:28 AM

lol, I know people who get bent when you tell them to have a nice day. I guess some people just don't know how ;-)
Old 12-22-2010, 06:31 AM

I have finally decided that the PC police have been a good thing. In the old days, most of us would say Merry Christmas without really thinking about it. When 'Merry Christmas' or the baby in the manger, etc. became politically incorrect, the good thing it did was remind us of how important our faith is, and of the true meaning behind the Christmas spirit. I doubt if there would have been a thread on this board discussing holiday greetings if we hadn't been made to feel it was 'bad' to say Merry Christmas.

I have seen more people showing more identification with their faith and beliefs since we were told we couldn't express them. So in the end, instead of ridding the world of the true meaning of this holiday, the PC Police have actually strengthened our need to share whatever our beliefs are with others.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:37 AM

Meh...I send light and love to everyone I meet. I fully believe my intent shines through, and if someone is offended I just know that they're "not there yet" and could use some compassion.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:38 AM

Last year was the first Christmas without my DH. My heartbroken kids pulled out the faded plastic nativity and put it in the yard. It's all we want. I'm seeing more crosses in yards, too. It is comforting and a small symbol of our faith. Could care less about politically correct..Merry Christmas.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 AM

Myself, I always say Merry Christmas and the ones that say have a happy holiday I just say thank you and the same to you. The only thing I don't like is when the company tells you you can't say Merry Christmas.

God Bless and Merry Christmas to all.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:42 AM

I don't get offended when folks wish me a merry christmas or happy hanukkah or whatever. I just ask that if you wish me a merry christmas that you don't get your panties in a wad if I wish you a Happy Solstice....
Old 12-22-2010, 06:43 AM

What is politically correct anyway? Isn't it a phrase a politician uses so as not to offend anyone so they can get your vote? I am not a politician, since when am I required to stoop to lower myself to be a generic person, hiding who I am so as not to offend someone else? I don't go out of my way to offend anyone and certainly have no desire to do so, but some of the offense is the other persons responsibility. Merry Christmas! Christ is the reason for the season.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 AM

I think that there's entirely too much "political correctness" in the world today. I'm not religious but wishing me a Merry Christmas doesn't offend me at all. Unfortunately, Christmas, Thanksgiving and any other major holiday is so commercialized that the REAL meaning of the holiday is forgotten, it's about how much money they can get you to spend and go into debt for.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A GREAT NEW YEAR TO ALL.