Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it! >

Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Old 12-23-2010, 03:16 PM

My husband was a veterinarian in his former work life( disabled Now) and we sold the heck out of Nature's Miracle for urine odors. Because it works. Important to follow the instructions.

My house cat began peeing on my new furniture. I treated my upholstered furniture with Nature's Miracle and you can't smell anything now.

Good luck.

Chris
Old 12-23-2010, 03:35 PM

I have found a product called ECO-88 from my vets and it is amazing, no smell or discoloration left on my furniture and rug where I have used it, I have also used where my cats have messed on my clothes hamper. See if you can find some it is about $20 a large spray bottle and very much worth it.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:38 PM

I would try all these remedies one at a time and do NOT dry in dryer. Another alternative would be a paste of baking soda to try to neutralize the odor, if nothing else works. I would soak it in baking soda and water-very concentrated. It's cheap and sometimes works. Thank goodness you got to it soon, or it would be hopeless. Blessings on you.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:30 PM

We lost our kitty, Sammie, due to the melamine China plastics put in the food. Nothing came of the lawsuit. They just dropped it. I was hoping we could retrieve atleast part of the $800 we put out trying to save her. We now have another kitty, a male named prancer. Good luck with yours. Fran
Old 12-23-2010, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by LadyJrhi
It appears to be just one corner but it is all the way through batting and backing and top. *Grrr* (Repeat after me...I love my cat, I love my cat, I love my cat!) No handmade felt catnip mousies for him for christmas!
I was going to ask" just how attached to this cat are you?" lol. I can't think of anything more offensive than Cat pee, hope you can get it out.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Everyone, I know this is a bad situation but please remember that pets are not disposable and it isn't fair to kick one out into the cold because it expressed its discomfort in a way that makes the owner...uncomfortable.

This is how cats ARE. Some cats pee on things to get a point across - I've had two of these in my life, and like LadyJrhi I figured out the triggers and stopped triggering the behavior. Simple as. If an incident occurs it's on me, and I know exactly why it happened.

Can we please stop talking about dumping the cat in a barn or taking it to a shelter or otherwise getting rid of it because of an (admittedly regrettable) incident with a quilt?

I'm sorry, I'm very sensitive about pets being neglected or abandoned simply because they acted like the animals they are. /soapbox

ETA - This is not directed at an individual. I just noticed the post right above mine - truly, just bad timing LOL I seem to have a lot of that going on today! :)
Old 12-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Apple cider vinegar has always worked for me. :)

Oh, while I'm at it, apple cider vinegar will clean a dirty microwave like a dream! I found this out yesterday. We can't use household cleaners or chemicals because we have birds, but since ACV does well in the washing machine, I sprayed some on the stubborn, greasy built-up gunk in the microwave. About 20 minutes later, the gunk was "liquified", and literally wiped off with a paper towel. No scrubbing needed whatsoever! :thumbup:
Old 12-23-2010, 04:49 PM

1 part vinager to 3 parts water.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:51 PM

Go to a pet store. They have lots of stuff to get the smell out. I often use Oxy clean to get smells out. Whatever, I would soak it for awhile and change water and rinse and rinse.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:02 PM

a couple years ago we left the windows down on our van and a cat peed in it. It was very strong. and our daughter smoked out in her garage and had a love seat out there and a cat got it. she left it for some time after that and when she decided to fix it it was saturated. We bought out spray at wal mart and is both cases soaked the items with the spray ( the love seat took 2 spray bottles.) She was able to put it back in the house andno smell. We still have the van and no smell. I hope wal mart still carries it for you.