Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you think you could get tired of quilting? >

Do you think you could get tired of quilting?

Do you think you could get tired of quilting?

Old 12-23-2010, 12:36 PM

I have sewn all my life (since 5 yrs old) and I have been retired for 2 years and I am still not tired of sewing and quilting. I guess that there are just so many things that I want to make that I never get tired.

Have fun
Old 12-23-2010, 01:16 PM

:
Old 12-23-2010, 01:20 PM
Banned

I do but then I switch to crochetting. When I get tired of that it is back to quilting. I always have both going at once.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:31 PM

I worry about the day my arthritis prevents me from sewing/quilting. I do have to sew awhile, rest awhile, sew awhile, etc. But no its an addiction I'll never get over.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Originally Posted by gale
Yes and I do sometimes. Then I do some other craft like scrapbooking for a while (until I get sick of it). I used to make dolls and stuff to sell and I got really sick of doing that-it's not as much fun when you have to do it.
I agree. For me, too much of anything gets tiring after a while. That's when I take a break. When I come back I have a whole new outlook and enthusiasm. I do my hobbies and crafts as long as they're fun. When I start doing them because I have to I know it's time to take a break.
I love quilting but also have other interest such as sewing and crafts but quilting is by far my favorite thing to do. I do have to step back away from it for a short break once in a while, sometimes a couple hours or a day or two but really enjoy it so much. I can't repeat the same quilt or craft as I get bored and need that new idea/challange each time and always looking for new way or things to do with my quilting. It's in my blood so I plan on continuing it for a long time to come. Love the ideas this board provides :lol: :lol:
Old 12-23-2010, 03:32 PM

Me, too, Sadiemarie.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:47 PM

I hope I don't get tired of quilting/sewing. I retired really, last year and my days are so busy they fly by. I said to my DH the other day I wish that I had been in 4-H as a kid and learned to sew. I love doing it, but wish I was better at at it by my age. I'm still just learning , learning on every project. I retired from 25 year position 3 years ago and then worked part time somewhre else. When working part time I really felt I was missing out on being at home and sewing!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by suern3
I hope I don't get tired of quilting/sewing. I retired really, last year and my days are so busy they fly by. I said to my DH the other day I wish that I had been in 4-H as a kid and learned to sew. I love doing it, but wish I was better at at it by my age. I'm still just learning , learning on every project. I retired from 25 year position 3 years ago and then worked part time somewhre else. When working part time I really felt I was missing out on being at home and sewing!
He he he, I am the 4-H Lady, and I am creating monsters! May the traditions live on!!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:39 PM

No, I love to quilt. I stay at home and tend the house. I think about quilting alot. I even dream quilt sometimes.
I also crochet and do counted cross stitch, but I make myself to take a break from quilting! Okay now I think I need to see a Doctor!!!LOL! ;-)
Old 12-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Hello neighbour. I so agree, I don`t seem to like anything I make because all I can see are the mistakes or I don`t like the the colour combination. This is all excepting one which I gave away today for Christmas. So I can really relate to your message.