Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Help!  My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it! >

Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Help! My *$&#$% Cat knocked over my quilt and peed on it!

Old 12-23-2010, 07:39 PM

I've noticed a bit of contention on the board on several threads. I think it may be a result of last minute stress getting ready for Christmas. I don't enjoy confrentation on any level. I hope we can get into the spirit of the season. It's not a time for disputes of any kind. so let me wish you all the peace that is ours for the taking and a very merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by grandma Janice
I've noticed a bit of contention on the board on several threads. I think it may be a result of last minute stress getting ready for Christmas. I don't enjoy confrentation on any level. I hope we can get into the spirit of the season. It's not a time for disputes of any kind. so let me wish you all the peace that is ours for the taking and a very merry Christmas.
I'm totally with you - happy holidays to you and yours :)
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 PM

I use Charlie soap AND BORAX on EVERYTHING, and I have 2 kitties.
Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 PM

if you have no raw edges then i would wash it to get most of it out then when you have totally finished. thro it back in the washer and take regular viniger and pore once around the washer, at least a cup or two and wash normal cyle. worked for me with a shirt that just reaked ... tryed 3X to wash and let it hang out side for about a month but one wash with viniger and the smell was gone, worked like a charm
Katie
Old 12-23-2010, 08:35 PM

I TOO have had a cat problem.......) has decided that he likes the carpet behind the couch in the den............as his private litter box]
well my DD has problems with her cats[6] with scratching the furniture, she put heavy duty DBLE stick tape on the spots and the kitties do not like getting stuck and leave the area alone .. You might like to try this on the carpet area, after cleaning and de odor izing the best you can.. good luck
Katie
Old 12-23-2010, 08:35 PM

I TOO have had a cat problem.......) has decided that he likes the carpet behind the couch in the den............as his private litter box]
well my DD has problems with her cats[6] with scratching the furniture, she put heavy duty DBLE stick tape on the spots and the kitties do not like getting stuck and leave the area alone .. You might like to try this on the carpet area, after cleaning and de odor izing the best you can.. good luck
Katie
Old 12-23-2010, 08:47 PM

Too bad about the quilt being ruined with pee. I think the suggestions about kitty stew are pretty funny. I am familiar with many of the cat pee stories here. But most of all, you've made my evening great by laughing my way through this thread. Make a new quilt for baby.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by LadyJrhi
Help! This morning, my cat...the darling little putz...knocked over my quilting hoop and peed on the quilt I am making for my step-sister's first baby. DH caught it pretty quickly and has blotted it up and used Nature's Miracle Orange Oxy-Power...but darling kitty has a very pungent pee...think skunk crossed with fresh cut juniper. Since it appears that MANY of us have cats, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions? The quilt in question is the one in my picture. I appreciate any help!
I had a tomcat pee all over a freshly washed basket of quilt fabrics, the stink never came out. I hope someone has
better news for you.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:31 PM

So sorry to hear about your quilt. I too would think twice about giving this one away. I haven't had a cat since mine passed several years ago. Thanks for reminding me why!!!
Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 PM

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.