Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Whats next? >

Whats next?

Whats next?

Old 12-26-2010, 06:12 AM

a brickworks pattern done with morris tapestry fabric and moda muslin mates 9937 - I plan to do a catheral windows with the left overs -
Old 12-26-2010, 06:16 AM

Lets see, Finish getting my sewing room put together. Then a quilt for my bed, went from a twin to a full so none fit.
Curtains for my room. Then I want to make doggy scarves to send to the humane society I was with in GA for the fosters. Valentines day St Pats day. etc. And I have two animal portrait commisions if they are still interested. They wanted them for Christmas but with the move there was no way. And I have a picture of my DD's cat Spike I want to do. Who knows what else. Get ALL my UFO's finished???
Old 12-26-2010, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
I will FINALLY tackle those roman shades I have been too scared to do for the spare room. Now that the curtain is covering the closet - why not attempt the shades? What's the worst that could happen? (Don't answer that).
Don't sweat it...........they're very easy to do. As others have said, just take your time, remember to measure 2 times at least before you cut and enjoy the process. I've made several over the years and will be making 3 for my sewing room this year.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:28 AM

I am bound and determined to finish my grandmothers quilt for my dad's b day Jan 11th. This is the same one that I have asked and recieved some really nice advice. So I am going to FM quilt it this week. Yes I said this week. We will be snowed in today and tomorrow. My husband has a heart procedure that is going to take a day and then a week of recovering so we will be sticking close to the house. I figured that will be a good time to set aside to finish it.
then after that a friend wants me to make a wall hanging for her daughter. I told her 50 and she said she will pay me 100. I am so excited. Then I have a quilt for a fund raiser. Last year that one made 375.00 The quilt for my son and I do not know what else I will be able to fit in before we move. If I get those done I will be hapy. OH yes, I need to finish my other grandmothers quilt for my mom's b day in May. Then that will be all. I am tired just thinking about it.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:31 AM

I am going to clean my sewing room (if I can get the door open!) and I need your help. MAYBE if I have you guys keep on me, I'll finally get it done!
Old 12-26-2010, 07:17 AM

Well.....I have started a quilt for ME!! But, my dd came
and asked me to make her a king size quilt with
butterflies on it. So......guess who gets put on hold?
ha ha ha
Old 12-26-2010, 07:33 AM

First I am thinking shovelling snow from a blizzard we are expecting. Then will finish two queen size quilts I have going.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by imatopper
First thing for 2011 is to finish the Christmas things i didn't get done BEFORE Christmas.
glad I am not the only one!! Merry Christmas to all and have a very Happy New Year. Lylamarie
Old 12-26-2010, 07:48 AM

Got to be disciplined first to clean out the pantry, then the office and organized my jewlery makings. Then it is on to quilting 3 king-size patriotic quilts and would like to piece an oriental one and one done in African prints. That should keep me busy oh and I forgot DH and I are going to lose WT!
Old 12-26-2010, 08:10 AM

I can't wait to get started on some quilting project, because my kids got me a new digital camera. I just got the software installed on the computer and took a couple pictures of the dogs to see if I could download them. Yea!!! It worked. Now I can't wait to make something so I can show it to you guys with the new camera.