Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 12-26-2010, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Howard
Hi featherweight.....Will try to remember to post the answer if and when "Ed" fixes it. Thanks, Loraine
Yes, Please do. It happened to me one time after cleaning one of my machines and I just had the plugs reversed in the outlet. I am sure that is the problem. Hope you get it fixed. Beth
Old 12-26-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif
Originally Posted by Howard
I also have a Singer 201 that is creating birdnests under the fabric ! Just my lucky day. What a wasted afternoon trying to get them both up and running. Oh well, you don't know until you try. Thanks for showing an interest . Besides, it was a good day for doing nothing with the snow and all. Loraine

Loraine, Check to see if you have your bobbin loaded correctly for the 201 and that your needle is in correctly too. I sometimes forget which way both of them are to go in place, and I then have birdnests.
Also, make sure you're using an older bobbin. The clearance on a 201 is so slight that the rough new bobbins just won't work.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:59 PM

Hi Billy, Here are the pics of my monkey wards machine. I need the drive belt, bobbin tire and bobbins. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-148060.jpe
Views:	205
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	148065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-148061.jpe
Views:	194
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	148066  
Old 12-26-2010, 04:05 PM

I went to the site and downloaded what I thought was Adobe reader and what showed up on my desk top was Norton and McAfee anti virus programs. I have no idea of what happened. Kathie
Old 12-26-2010, 04:05 PM

I went to the site and downloaded what I thought was Adobe reader and what showed up on my desk top was Norton and McAfee anti virus programs. I have no idea of what happened. Kathie
Old 12-26-2010, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Hi Billy, Here are the pics of my monkey wards machine. I need the drive belt, bobbin tire and bobbins. Thanks for looking.
My mother had one of these and loved it.
Old 12-26-2010, 04:53 PM

Loraine (Howard) I had two different machines that kept running the way you describe. One was a 1950's New Home that the grandkids were using when it just kept on going!@ They won't touch it now, they think it is possessed. The other one is my Jem Platinum (a new machine). Both times there was something in the foot pedal that got stuck with the machine running. My DH took the foot pedals apart and fixed the problem. The Janome Platinum is known for that problem. I have other friends with that machine that have had the same run away problem.

Nancy
Old 12-26-2010, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by hoppyfrog
Very nice looking machine, but where is the bobbin winder?

Nancy
Old 12-26-2010, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by BoJangles
Loraine (Howard) I had two different machines that kept running the way you describe. One was a 1950's New Home that the grandkids were using when it just kept on going!@ They won't touch it now, they think it is possessed. The other one is my Jem Platinum (a new machine). Both times there was something in the foot pedal that got stuck with the machine running. My DH took the foot pedals apart and fixed the problem. The Janome Platinum is known for that problem. I have other friends with that machine that have had the same run away problem.

Nancy
Looks like a new project for my DH. ha ha ha It won't be tomorrow though as he and my DD will be shoveling a good part of the day. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-26-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by ljorange
I have my grandmother's Singer, I believe it was mfg in 1896. It has all of its accessories but the cord is broken and part of the needle plate is missing.
That is a beautiful cabinet and Sphinx. That must be a model 27 from where the bobbin winder is located? She looks like she was well loved!

Nancy