Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Boy jailed for having a permanent marker! >

Boy jailed for having a permanent marker!

Boy jailed for having a permanent marker!

Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 PM
jme

Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Now this is rediculous!!!! A teacher saw a boy with a permanent marker in school, called the police and had him arrested!!!! Apparently there's an obscure law about permanent markers and graffitti!!!!!

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...ker-possession
someone better warn my 2yr old, I find him with them all the time. LOL :lol:
Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 PM

Ridiculous! Can't believe how many people these days have no common sense.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:10 PM

From what I read the teacher herself on her facebook page wrote about how she loves the sharpie permanent markers which is strange in itself.

I thank God our children are grown, married with children of their own. Our world is going down the toilet and these ridiculous things only make matters worse for everyone. Remember the child that was only 3 or 4 that the teacher had everyone vote him not wanted and humiliting (sp) in every way possible. She is still teaching but the family won a great settlement that the taxpapers had to pay and their child is now in another school excelling in all subjects. There is something very wrong in the public school system and it is not just the parents but the teachers and administrators. Most children want to learn and be treated with respect which many are not.

There is no common sense in the world anymore and the tenured teachers is absolutely ridiculous after only 3 years of teaching in most cases. Who has a job guaranteed for life with benefits like they do not matter how awful they are. Look at the thousands that sit in some room in New York and get paid for nothing with benefits because they can't get rid of them and won't dare assign them a class. There are so many stories like these and the taxpaper has to pay for idiots. The good teachers are so few and far between it is frightening.

Sorry but until they change the way the school systems do business we are in for a lot more of this crap. Money is not the answer as we've thrown billions down the toilet and students are not able to compete with others around the world anymore. Yes there are exceptions but are again so few and far between it is a nightmare.

Sorry, but I am just sick to death of what is going on in our schools with the attitude that they would not be there if they didn't love children and teaching. What crap!

Our children graduated from college and made their lives meaningful and fortunately this stuff didn't really start until they were through. Another thank God for that blessing.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:31 PM

People have just gone nuts here in the US. I am surprised that anyone can even go to the bathroom without someone turning them in. Just don't know what has happened in this world.

fatcat
Old 12-27-2010, 06:02 PM

Totally insane!!!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:29 PM

When my youngest DS was diagnosed with Asthma he was triggered by allergies to a long list of things. He was issued a rescue inhaler and I was instructed to keep them everywhere. His attacks were so severe that he would have double pneumonia by the time we could get seen in the ER. FIrst day back to school (letter from DR given to principal) Teacher immediately confiscated his inhaler and would not give it back, told him he would have to walk to the office to the nurses station to use it that she would not allow it in her classroom. Next morning I went to the school and asked the teacher, the nurse, the vice-principal and the principal to fill out their personal information plus the members of the school board on a form I had typed up. When the principal asked why I told him I wanted to have a record of exactly who I needed to include in a wrongful death suit when my child died from not being allowed to carry his inhaler after a letter from his Dr stating the severity of his illness had been given to them. He was immediately returned his inhaler and was allowed to carry it. These are the same people that did not call me or an ambulance when he fell off the monkey bars and broke his collar bone. They put ice on it and told me as I was picking him up from after school that he had an "accident" after lunch (12ish) and it was then almost 6 pm. Let's just say the "witch" came out in me.
Lets just say I spent more time at school than he did and he ended up getting his GED.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

Some adults are just plain crazy.
Old 12-27-2010, 07:21 PM

sounds like the teacher didn't particularly like the kid otherwise it would have been so easy to say 'put that marker away b4 you get into trouble ' ... the teacher wanted to get the kid in trouble, IMHO
Old 12-27-2010, 07:42 PM

Wonder what else this kid did to make her so diligent...
Old 12-27-2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
Originally Posted by amandasgramma
Originally Posted by ptquilts
that's what happens with "Zero tolerance" - you probably can not even bring a vitamin pill to school anymore.
No you can't. My SIL just retired from teaching. Her classroom was clear across the way from the main office. (a playground in between the two). One of her students had asthma. The administration said she could WALK to the nurse's station to get her asthma meds. If that were my child I'd be suing to get their attention --- they put that child in a life threatening situation. And I've heard of girls being expelled for having aspirin and Midol!!!!!!! I would have missed more school than being in it had I not had one of the two!
My oldest daughter had asthma, while in school they too told me she had to keep her inhaler in the nurses office. I told them, the hell with you, she could die before she reached the nurses office. And who is to say the nurse would or wouldn't be in there.

BTW, teachers hated me.
Way to Go! I have told them off a time or two myself!