Brenina in GA area

Old 12-16-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by luv2so
There's a dealer in Macon, Hartley Bridge Rd. that sells Babylock. The closest to Macon is in Duluth. There's also one in Marietta. I believe the Babylock dealer also services Bernina. Their name is Magical Stitches.

There's also a Brother dealer in Macon that services Bernina but I wouldn't recommend them. I took my machine in to have the tension checked and cleaned. They charge an extra $25.00 to send the embroidery unit along with the machine. The dealer I bought my machine from in Kentucky never did that. Maybe all dealers charge extra to take the unit. They're not really very friendly there either.
luv2sew,
The Bernina 930 is a mechanical machine, it just sews, no embroidery.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:48 PM

If you go to Bernina.com you can find a location. Good luck. I sure do love my Bernina. I've had it for about 15 years and think it's the best. :D
Old 01-01-2011, 08:28 AM

HAPPY New Year!!!!! I have an update on my machine. I didn't know what to do. I called several places. I could either take it to someone who works on Berninas but not authorized, take it to Columbus or Atlanta. My other choice was to take it with with me when we go to see my daughter in Kingsport, TN. She said there is a dealer in Johnson City. She goes to Johnson City frequently. I really didn't know what I wanted to do. I decided to wait until after the holidays. I prayed about my machine. I really did. We are leaving to go to my daughters tomorrow. I have been checking that thing every day or so to make sure it wasn't my imagination. It still wouldn't work. I got my case out ready to put it in and take it with me. I tried it again just to see if it would go down, still didn't work. Just as I was about to take it off the table, had not moved it or done anything to it. I turned it again and it worked. I grabbed a scrap (to make sure I wasn't hallucinating) and very gently by hand turned it to make sure it was working right. It worked. I went ahead and sewed a few rows. Then I told DH that "God answers prayer". What a wonderful way to start the new year.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:43 PM

God cares about everything in our lives! and He definitely still answers prayer. Thanks for sharing.