Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 12-30-2010, 08:18 AM

We always go to the Caribbean with another couple--last 7 or 8 times. I can't convince them to go to Alaska or Europe. All my husband and the other couple can think of is to escape our New York winter weather. And we do Royal Caribbean-again can't get them to try another line. Going to stop at San Juan, Labadee, Samana, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Tortola. After awhile, they all run in together for me. But I always look for fabric shops. Don't find any. We did an AI for our 25th anniversary in Cancun--that was 20 years ago. Nice. Hope you have a great time in Aruba.
Originally Posted by BMP
Originally Posted by regm
I'm in. Would be happy to lose even a couple of pounds before the end of Feb. That's when we go on a cruise to the Caribbean.
We usually cruise in Feb have for quite a few years, this year I persuaded my Dh to do a AI in Aruba. What line do you cruise and where are you going??
My plan is get out the luggage this weekend and start filling them up....
Old 12-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ljs317
Wow we are up to six pages this fast I was just here last night and everything exploded over night. This is going to be the best month ever. Missy is already on a roll with her posts and laughter is after all the best medicine.

My goal is 8 pounds for January.

Oh and My daughter is at it again. You all know I really hate the color yellow( Its makes me want to either cry or throw up) Guess what showed up in my living room last night? A yellow french provincial dresser that my daughter bought at an auction house. yep there it is with those stupid smiley handles stairing at me. I want to open the drawer and throw up in it. but I won't. This after the yellow tree decorating incident. She is really trying to kill me i think

Lisa
Now, now she is not trying to kill you lets get real she is just trying to have you committed. But you needn't worry if that happens Missy will tell you all the ins and outs of the phych ward. They will only keep you there for 48 hours to observe your behavior. Just tell them you do not want any flowers from DD as we know she will more then likely send you yellow roses. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-30-2010, 08:34 AM

Anyone want to share some sucess stories from other months? What is the adverage weight loss for a win? I enjoy reading tips & stories...I must admit that a vegan diet sounds interesting but I doubt I could stick to it.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by lisainmo
OK count me in...I will give this a try..have to lose this weight before the daughters wedding...I will need lots of encouragement!!
Lisa in MO, When's the wedding? What are you hoping to wear? Please be reasonable in your goals, you can do this!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 AM

Did I already tell you I was in??? Can't remember and don't want to go thru all the threads---still trying to catch up with the others.
Oh well!! Happy New Year's everyone.
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 AM

Count me in :-) I'm new to the list but I feel I'm among friends here. I managed to lose 25 lbs a couple of years ago by staying on 1000 calories a day until I stalled there. Since then I've put some back on, but not the full amount and I was thinking about trying again so this is the perfect opportunity. I'll probably be the lagger, but that's okay.; I know I can't do more than about 1-1.5lbs/month or it won't stay away for me.

Diana
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 AM

Sorry for the double post
Old 12-30-2010, 08:53 AM

I'm back in this month. If I can get past my anniversary (Jan 1st) and birthday (Jan 3rd) without lots of extra eating, I should be doing good this month.

Judy
Old 12-30-2010, 09:02 AM

Oh good Diana, I am the same way. More than a couple lbs. a month and I know it is being dehydrated. I also agree about the growling stomach tells you you're really hungry. I have heard from several reliable sources that many times when we think we are hungry our bodies are actually thirsty so drink water first! I have also found that drinking a diet coke for that afternoon "shot in the arm" energy boost actually triggers your brain to want to eat because you promised it sugar with the no calorie sweetener, but didn't follow through. I try not to do that anymore or have an apple or yogurt also. Hey after all day with teenagers sometimes I need that shot in arm [to avoid putting one through my head]. I love my students and they are great kids, but sometimes teen angst makes my eyes cross...
Old 12-30-2010, 09:12 AM

Count me in. Starting 1/3.