Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Links and Resources
New BOM 2011 "Fiesta" >

New BOM 2011 "Fiesta"

New BOM 2011 "Fiesta"

Old 12-31-2010, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by wanderingcreek
I'd love to try this one too. I really like the black one and I have lots of black fabric already. I would like it if we could set up something so that there is a reminder every month when the new pattern is posted. The old brain sometimes doesn't remember all that it should! LOL

Here is a "FREE" program you can download......it's just like the paper "STICKY NOTES" . Been using this program for years and it's GREAT! I keep it on my desktop....just put a shortcut on the toolbar & you can toggle back & forth.

http://www.sticky-notes.net/
Old 12-31-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Thanks for the notice on this. It's really stunning. I'm not good enough to do it by machine, but may give it a try by hand. Needle-turned takes a long time but I really enjoy it. I think I'll download it each month, but am not sure about keeping up with the timeline. It looks fun to try though.
My first thought was needle turn also - a block a month, no problem, right? BUT then I started considering the border, it might never get finished if I tried it by needle turn. So I'm going to try a technique new to me - invisible machine applique. I hope I can do it justice, it'll be a learning experience I'm sure. I'm going to try a couple simpler sample blocks and see if I can get decent at it. If not, I'll have to decide on a different method. If I had the time I would do this needle turn, though, as I love that process.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:52 AM

You both must have a lot of patience if you do needle turn. I think I would enjoy it too but I don't think I would get a long with the time it takes. :roll:

Originally Posted by Dandish
Thanks for the notice on this. It's really stunning. I'm not good enough to do it by machine, but may give it a try by hand. Needle-turned takes a long time but I really enjoy it. I think I'll download it each month, but am not sure about keeping up with the timeline. It looks fun to try though.
My first thought was needle turn also - a block a month, no problem, right? BUT then I started considering the border, it might never get finished if I tried it by needle turn. So I'm going to try a technique new to me - invisible machine applique. I hope I can do it justice, it'll be a learning experience I'm sure. I'm going to try a couple simpler sample blocks and see if I can get decent at it. If not, I'll have to decide on a different method. If I had the time I would do this needle turn, though, as I love that process.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:28 PM

It is slow going, but I find it very relaxing. I do have to learn to say no now and then though. I'm really far behind on my Farmer's Wife blocks and should get those caught up before taking on a new project. I'll still have to mull this one over for awhile to see if I'll really have the time to do it. The border would take forever.

Originally Posted by DonnaRae
You both must have a lot of patience if you do needle turn. I think I would enjoy it too but I don't think I would get a long with the time it takes. :roll:

Old 01-01-2011, 05:59 PM

First block templates and placement guides are UP!

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/Fiesta.html
Old 01-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Wow, when she said starts Jan. she meant it. I still have a couple of fleece blankets I am making for someone, then I can get back to my own thing. I for sure am making the block but not until later in the month. If some of us are going to follow the first person to finish their block should go to the post pictures at this forum and start a new thread for the Fiesta. That way we can follow everyone. And anyone can post picturees of their blocks even if they are behind, or are only doing certain months. It will be fun.

Thanks for letting us know it was up and ready. Did you get your fabric?

First block templates and placement guides are UP!

http://www.fatcatpatterns.com/Fiesta.html
Old 01-01-2011, 11:15 PM

Thanks for the reminder.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:52 AM

this is exactly what I was looking for in a BOM.
Thanks for posting.
I'll get fabric this week!
-Diane
Old 01-02-2011, 01:57 PM

I printed off the first block and then decided (with my sweetie's encouragement!) to order the CD. I am leaning more and more to making mine in Christmas fabrics, and the CD includes a file that will let me play on my EQ7 to get my colors just right. :-)

I like the idea of a separate post for this BOM! :thumbup: I'm not sure if I will be "up-to-date" with all my blocks, but I certainly will enjoy seeing what everyone else is doing!! :wink:
Old 01-03-2011, 05:57 AM

I did get SOME fabric for this - but not all of it yet. I decided to go with the black version, but my colors are a bit different. I thought I had more black at home, but I didn't have enough, so back to the store (what a shame). I still want to "audition" a couple of the fabrics I got, so hopefully this week I'll be started. I'm really having a hard time deciding how I want to do this, though. I still think need turn would be too slow (for me, anyway, I'M slow - lol) and I'm trying to decide on a machine method.

I like the idea of a fresh thread for progress, too. Glad to see everyone participating.