Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 12-31-2010, 03:26 PM

Just trying to get some motivation started here. :P
Old 12-31-2010, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by jlarmen
Today is the BIG day! I will either eat up all the goodies left from Christmas....or THROW it out! Time to remove it ALL from this house! Who is with me? Ready to start pitching? 1....2....3 PITCH! :D
The oldies have done that.............we call it DECRAPING!!!!!!!!!!
Yup. That is true it is called de-crapping. Tru has the most crap of all by the way!! LOL!!

Missy
you are sooooo funny Missy lets get rid of your crap.......go drink some prune juice :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 12-31-2010, 04:10 PM

I am taking all of our left over goodies to my daughter's house tomorrow. She's hosting a crowd so I know it will get enjoyed. I hate waste, just can't throw anything away. I need to join the dirty plate club instead of the clean plate club!!!!!

I have 50 pounds to lose & I told my hubby that if I did it I was going to treat myself to a new serger. He was totally on board with that so maybe it will keep me going.
Old 12-31-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by BMP
OK I have jsut caught up on al the posts since yesterday..you gals are chatty !!!
LOL...........you aint seen nothing yet.......Missy and Carrie are being good they don't want to frighted the newbies. If you read the rules I stated we go off topic A LOT, that is what makes it so much fun. Carrie and I have lost around 30lb since we started and Missy over 50 so we must be doing something right. We are the 3 that comment the most OFF TOPIC!!!! :lol: :lol: Most of the other regulars have lost a ton of weight too. Funny none of us had much success before and now we are all doing great. Isn't that right LADIES??????
YES! So true.

So today I had this dream when I took a nap that I married a Rock Star and one of his band members would come over every time he saw me and would pee on me. How freaky is that?? *smh* I have no idea where the heck that came from!

Missy

This is Tru's Dream Man!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]150806[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-150801.jpe
Views:	11
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	150806  
Old 12-31-2010, 05:41 PM

I'm in.....as I type this, I am in Baja, Mexico and have been here on vacation for 2 weeks! And you can just imagine what I have been eating....tons of Mexican food (with lots of cheese), margaritas and mojitos. I already needed to lose weight before I went on vacation but now this has put me over the edge. I'll be back home in California on January 3rd, so great time to start. Look forward to doing this with all of you. TOGETHER, we can do it!!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by BMP
Is anyone going to follow a plan such as Weight Watchers or are you just cutting back and watching ??
I'm following the Isagenix cleansing and weight loss program....involves nutritional cleansing together with shakes and healthy food.
Sarah in CA
Old 12-31-2010, 05:58 PM

I'm in
Old 12-31-2010, 06:10 PM

Count me in. I had surgery on my right knee 12/16 for a torn meniscus. It has really been an eye opener for me and how I have let myself and my body get so out of whack. I know I need to lose weight but all this problem with my knee for the past few months has really been a slap in my face. I know getting this excess weight off both knees will help tremendously. I'm still on crutches. Can't get to the basement to my sewing area so I'm crocheting upstairs. Itching to be working on quilts but that will have to wait a little longer. I have promised myself that 2011 is the year for "ME". The year for me to get better physically. What better way to do it then with all you wonderful people on this board. Good luck to all of us!!! Sandy
Old 12-31-2010, 07:16 PM

Sign me up. I am among those that need to lose more than 100 lbs so this will be a long time thing for me. I accualaly have about 140 to lose.
Look forward to the encouragement from you all here. I am also planning to do the weight loss quilt, I'm going to work on my FWS that I started last summer and only made a few blocks for before getting sidetrack. Maybe that way I can work on 2 goals at the same time. The weight and a UFO.
Muriel
Old 12-31-2010, 07:27 PM

I also need to lose about 140 lbs, but I am so ready to start this journey. I'm ready to face the scales tomorrow morning. Wow, that sure sounds odd to be saying that, but the time is right..... My weight loss is past the point of trying to "look good". I need to lose for health reasons. With my recent knee surgery, my exercise will come later. As my knee progresses, I can start walking. In the meantime, I can sure cut out junk food and such.