Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 01-01-2011, 05:26 PM

I've never done PP either and I will be doing a test tomorrow also lol
Originally Posted by Tulip
Jumped out of bed this morning, ran to the computer, found the block and had an anxiety attack. Paper pieceing, oh no....(groan and cuss). Made the coffee, pottied the girls and said, I can do this! Then found 27 jobs to stall starting "The Block". Long story short, went to Walmart, found some great material for 4.97 a yard. Saw the same material I had bought at Joanns yesterday for 6.99 a yard at Walmart for 4.97. Same designer, etc. I guess that is why Joanns does the 40% coupons.. Anyhoo, it was great fun to fabric shop, haven't done that in many years. So, about the block, I am making a practice block tomorrow first thing in the morning off of the Quilters Cache site. I can do this, I can do this. Thanks for inspiring growth, SulaBug...
Old 01-01-2011, 05:32 PM

Had lots of fun today, played with the windows! Dug into the stash and found a few lenghts to use. Got to revisit paper peicing and want to resize the block to 12.5". Having fun!
Old 01-01-2011, 05:42 PM

I am so such a newbie I did not even know what paper piecing was until I read the instructions. I can see now I am going to have to practice, practice, practice. Will probably fall behind. We leave for GA in 3 days and machine is staying here. Then back for 4ish weeks but packing remainder of house (not quilt house, our house) to ship off to GA. SOooooooooo, I know is is okay to run a bit behind and will catch up. I so look forward to this!! Oh, one tinnie tiny question, what kind of paper do I use??
Old 01-01-2011, 05:48 PM

curious about that answer also
Originally Posted by EllijaysUFOqueen
I am so such a newbie I did not even know what paper piecing was until I read the instructions. I can see now I am going to have to practice, practice, practice. Will probably fall behind. We leave for GA in 3 days and machine is staying here. Then back for 4ish weeks but packing remainder of house (not quilt house, our house) to ship off to GA. SOooooooooo, I know is is okay to run a bit behind and will catch up. I so look forward to this!! Oh, one tinnie tiny question, what kind of paper do I use??
Old 01-01-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
I'm looking forward to this. :) I was looking at wovens yesterday and there was a quilt pattern by Brannock and Patek that was houses and things in a Primitive style that was so cute. Their Woven Basics collection is supposed to be available in December.

I don't mind if the blocks are not 12" and would need a border. I think it will look really nice to have them different.
I don't mind either if the blocks are different sizes. I've been wanting to learn how to put different size blocks together into a quilt anyhow.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:18 PM

I use the paper in my printer at home,nothing special.I do have paper for piecing that is thin and if I am doing multiple blocks I use it because it is easier to tear off.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:27 PM
mim

if you fold the paper several times and press it sharply on the sew lines, it will be much easier to tear it off later. I use regular printer paper because I rarely have all my supplies in the same place

Mim
Old 01-01-2011, 09:18 PM

I have been thinking about this block all day. I love the church block, but what colors shall I buy? I will work on it tomorrow.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:33 AM

what kind of paper do I use??
You can use regular printer paper. I use Carol Doak's foundation paper, it's a bit like newspaper paper.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:43 AM

Paper piecing. . . . Oh, my stomach ache. Pass the pepto