Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-02-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
I am also posting in this message a secret that was posted today on postsecrets that I can relate to.

Missy
i want to look like her......she is not super thin she looks healthy and fit. give me 4 months that will be me.......
I AGREE! She does not look big at all...she looks fit. You will be down to that in no time Tru!

Missy
Old 01-02-2011, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by bronald
You can do it NannySandy One day at a time. Start small and work up to more. Like Carol says she could barely make a block now 25 miles. Good for you Carol. I was 220 and am now 177 (after gaining a few over Christmas) I walk 2 miles a day and do 30 minites on the elliptical. I was huffing after a block at first and didn't start on the elliptical until Nov. 1. I started in May 2010.
You can do it. You go Girl.
I'm impressed about 30 minutes on the elliptical, I could only do 15.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 PM

I am committed to start exercising. We live in the country and I am starting with taking my dog for walks up our road. This may sound kind of dumb, but I was wondering if any of you struggle with not wanting to be seen while exercising? I have a bike and love the water but to be honest I would be very self concious (sp?)to even try to get into a swim suit let alone be seen at the pool. I know this is wrong but I am being honest this is a big obstacle for me. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this struggle because I know if I don't get over it nothing will change! Also as I have gotten older and heavier I feel really unflexable and like I don't have great balance any more I was wondering from some of you ladies who have been succesful in losing weight already if your balance comes back? I know they say you never forget how to ride a bike....BUT I can just see the big wreck I could have because I don't have the ABILITY to ride one anymore! lol Now that would draw some attention! HA HA! :) I would be interested in hearing what others have done to get in shape and what worked for them. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:56 PM

Best of luck, determination, health, energy, fortitude and the race is on,, come on turtles.......
Old 01-02-2011, 12:58 PM

Is it going to be tallied as
the highest a percentage of weight loss, that would be the fairest call...
Old 01-02-2011, 01:03 PM

Hello - I am brand new to quilting but not weight loss goals.
What is it that we send winners? Good luck to everyone. Julia Grace
Old 01-02-2011, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by trupeach1
Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
Ok, I'm in. I do the old Weight Watchers. I am not going to learn a new system now; too confusing. I do realy well with the old points! Dotty
OMG You have to have such will power, no pizza or bagels or NY food...........maybe moving to Ohio isn't such a bad thing, food wise as what they have out here tastes like crap. lol
Cininnati is famous for Cincinnati chili, which has cocoa in it and God only knows what else. The smell alone makes you toss your cookies. I swear someone come up with the recipe to cover up the taste of road kill..................I'M NOT KIDDING :lol: :lol:
You know...I thought that way about alot of the food here in South Dakota (I am from Texas) but I decided the best thing to do was make my own and then I control all the nutrition and all the ingredients. You could do the same thing and enjoy that pizza or other things.

Have you seen the Thin Bagels? They are bagels that are thinner than the regular ones and have only 110 calories. They are very yummy and you really do not miss the extra calories.

Missy
i have a degree in culinary arts i have always made everything including bread almost daily. i don't remember the last time i had processed food. probably before i started to cook at the age of 12. however you can't get the same ingredients in ohio as ny. somethings you can't even find to buy on line.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Banned

PLEASE and I STRESS PLEASE READ THE RULES ON PAGE 1 PEOPLE KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

I WILL NO LONGER ANSWER A QUESTION THAT HAS BEEN ASKED SEVERAL TIME!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:23 PM

I know exactly how you feel. I don't want ANYONE to see me in a bathing suit, so I don't even own one! I don't even like to wear shorts during the summer when it's stinkin' hot, just because I think I look horrible.
So let's go, ladies!!! We can do this!!! I could stand to lose about 80 lbs., but will setting for 20 right now..... If I can do the first 20, the rest should be easier, I hope. Good luck, all!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 PM

From the start of my weight loss in March 2010, I've currently lost 45 pounds. :) YAY! It's sometimes really tough for me to feel like I'm seeing progress because I've got so much extra "fluff", but I know I'm making progress. I have a 2 year old, and work from 6 AM - 6 PM almost every day, so it's sometimes really tough for me to get to a gym. When I started the gym in June 2010, I did 2 minutes on the elliptical on level 1. Now I'm up to 45 minutes to an hour on level 17. I also walk a lot more, and I'm noticing that I'm getting more toned.

I did WW, the old plan, but I have found that I've been gaining weight with their new plan, so I'll be going back to the old plan. I eat everything I want to, just less of it. I find that as long as I get to the gym 3 times a week, I'm good for a half pound to a pound (on average) loss per week, and I'm ok with that.

This is the first time I'm putting this in writing, but I think my goal is to lose another 55-60 pounds. I'm in size 16 now, and just want to make it to a 14. Marilyn Monroe was a 14, and man, did she look good. Then I'll take another step slowly. I don't want to be "thin" per se, but I want to be healthy.

Just my 2 cents.

Here's to everyone here who is committing to a "new" you in 2011! Lets do it!