Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMP

Doesnt the cinnamon just sit on the top of the water ??
How much cinnamon a day do you need to have?

What does the apple cder vinegar w/water do ???

Really curious I have never heard about any of these tricks/tips ??
Stir the cinnamon and it goes through the water ifyou leave it set overnight it goes to the bottom.

Applecider vinegar is AMAZING, it has to be organic. even if you do nothing else if you drink a spoonful everyday you will lose 1 lb per month. Google health benefits of applecider vinegar, It controls diabetes, arthritis, and MANY MANY other diseases.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

Carrie...........OMG, OMG I am doing the happy dance for you. It is time for you to celebrate, YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no stopping you now or are you stopping now??????????? or do you want to lose more. This old brain doesn't remember.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by trupeach1
Carrie...........OMG, OMG I am doing the happy dance for you. It is time for you to celebrate, YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no stopping you now or are you stopping now??????????? or do you want to lose more. This old brain doesn't remember.
Thank you!!! 10 more and I will be at the weight I was at when I graduated high school. That's my new goal. WooHoo!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have finally hit the weight I was at when DH and I got married 18 years ago. Now if I could only have that body shape back. :(. LOL. I hit the 230 mark today. I can't believe it!! I'm so excited!!!! Yay!!
Good for you Carrie!!!! I'm happy for you. I know you have to be excited.

Today at PT, while exercising my knee, I asked the therapist to give me some hand weights. I sat there and exercised my upper body while working my leg/knee. woooo hoooo. So I got an hour of upper and lower body exercise in. Went to grocery store, drove that little cart around the store, bought ONLY what was on my list. Did not go near the bakery. yeah me!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Thank you NannySandy! Good for you getting a total workout and only buying what was on your list. I know that can be very hard to do.
Old 01-03-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
Originally Posted by cjomomma
I have finally hit the weight I was at when DH and I got married 18 years ago. Now if I could only have that body shape back. :(. LOL. I hit the 230 mark today. I can't believe it!! I'm so excited!!!! Yay!!
Good for you Carrie!!!! I'm happy for you. I know you have to be excited.

Today at PT, while exercising my knee, I asked the therapist to give me some hand weights. I sat there and exercised my upper body while working my leg/knee. woooo hoooo. So I got an hour of upper and lower body exercise in. Went to grocery store, drove that little cart around the store, bought ONLY what was on my list. Did not go near the bakery. yeah me!!!!
That is wonderful!!! You keep doing that and you will be down more than just a couple pounds!! You are doing so well!!

Missy
Old 01-03-2011, 05:55 PM

A great website I found is SparkPeople.com they help with menus and exercise programs that fit you when you enter your information. Best part is it is FREE no strings attached. Just takes a little time to get started. Enjoy!!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:18 PM

Okay so I watched the video that goes with the "5 foods to never eat". Sounds great, but don't they all? Anyone familiar with this Flat Belly Solution? Don't have $97 for something like that anyway, just wondering if anyone is familiar with it. Kudos to all ya all, so many doing great! Trupeach you should write a book! Cinnamon is also good for lowering blood sugar levels [no cinnamon rolls do NOT count--now why did I bring them up? Sigh...] One more thing, have you ever put cinnamon sticks in your water? Would heating a cup of water, letting the sticks sit in it then add to water and leaving in frig overnight work? I'm also thinking of combining the apple cider vinegar and cinnamon, gotta live dangerously sometimes! I'm back on my treadmill for 20 minutes and then walking with the dog for 35. The vet said she's 2-3 lbs over [I don't think she is and I've raised dogs all my life, but I don't want her to gain anymore] so we're both back on the street! 5 a.m. comes early, night all! Keep it up everybody, proud of you all!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:27 PM

Way to go Carrie!!! Keep up the fabulous work
Hugs
April
Old 01-03-2011, 06:31 PM

2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate Carrie, Carrie, Carrie. Great job. It must be from all the belly laughs about Missy's turtles and Tru's bouys!