Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cutting into a piece of fabric >

Cutting into a piece of fabric

Cutting into a piece of fabric

Old 11-11-2008, 05:30 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean, pal! Sure wish I had the same trouble cutting into a new pie...or cake...or pizza...or...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-11-2008, 05:36 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha! I posted a similar thread not long ago about not being able to cut into fat quarters! It is hard isn't it? I hate to cut into fabric until I have a planned quilt for it to go in. :)
Old 11-11-2008, 08:47 PM

When it was time for me to cut the fabric for my wedding gown I actually broke out in a hot sweat and starting shaking all over. Needed a good stiff drink to get on with it. . . .

Now when I get fat quarters I say to my self, "Someday I'll really need that, so I'd better not mess it up now." Bad on me.

But jstitch is absolutely right! Cut it up!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 PM

Cut the fabric. You will have gained a great quilt and you can use the left over fabric to piece together your pillowcase.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by nor'easter
Yeah, I know what you mean, pal! Sure wish I had the same trouble cutting into a new pie...or cake...or pizza...or... :roll: :D
That cracks me up. I know exactly what you mean about cutting into the pie, etc. A little hesitation would do me some good. As for the fabric, I have this beautiful piece of blue background fabric (given to me by a friend) that is adorned with the most beautiful red birds and foliage, etc. I know what I would like to do with it, but I can't bring myself to make that first cut. And to make matters worse, I will have to fussy cut to do what I want to do. YIKES !
Old 11-13-2008, 09:12 PM

I had to buy a book: Just Can't Cut It, by Pamela Moster. Got me over the hump, knowing there are ways to use "uncuttable" fabric.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:44 AM

OK . Understand, but you have to jump in there and cut away. Just think of that beautiful quilt you are going to make.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 AM

The hardest for me was cutting into the satin for my daughters wedding dress.

Just think about the fabric. Would you enjoy it more folded in a plastic tub sitting on a shelf or cutting it up and using it?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:07 AM

I love it!:0)I thought I was the only person in the fabric/quilting world that didn't want to cut into favorite fabrics:))LOL I don't seem to have a prob. if I buy a 'run' on that fabric like it's 'brother, sister and all the cousins'...then I can invision where and how it can go into a quilt. It is when I buy 1....Then I am in so much trouble:))I have one right now that is so awesome and antique looking...and it is paired off w/a pattern, etc to make a tote...there it sits...looking at me from the shelf...not cut:))LOL I do take some of my favorites and put out on tables for decorations...sometimes w/surged ends. I just used one on my table for Halloween that I just love;0)Packed it up to use next year...:))SKeat
Old 11-14-2008, 05:53 AM

I have the same issues!! Thats way when I do use a piece that I love,I always try to replace it with the same thing. What a collection I have.
I do have an addiction problem.