Cleaning Laminate floors

Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 AM

I also live in Clovis, New Mexico. I have a Haan Steamer and it doesnt do to bad. Just go over it twice.
Snownannie
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by meemaw of 6
Be very careful not to leave much liquid on them!!I use vinegar water in a spray bottle and a microfiber pad on a mop I bought off QVC a long time ago..No water spots or streaks.
Was that pad you got at QVC, the magic cloth. I have the one to be used on furniture and windows, and had one for floors, but it wore out, and when I reorder the furniture ones, they didn't have the floor ones. :(
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by klgreene
Hi all, I figured one of you very smart people could help me. WE put in laminate floors in my living rm/dining room and down the hall. I absolutely love them. So much less dust. But I have yet to figure out how to clean then without water spots, or a film. I've tried everything, I think. If the sun isn't shining across them, they look wonderful, but we have a large patio door which lets in a lot of light, and I see every speckle, water mark, wheelchair marks. Does anyone have any good ideas. I can't get down on my floors to hand wash. But I have Swifter everything and a steam cleaner that I can use while in my chair. I'm just tired of having to bust by tussie and still have them look dirty to me.
I hate to say this, but we put laminate floors in our bathrooms and I never DID find something to make them look clean! We finally took them out.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:08 AM

my ex husband and i owned a cleaning business and we never used nothing but either window cleaner or lemon cleaner for the floors and it never did a build up and cleaned very well and had good shine to it..and when i say floors i mean all floors we did alot of marble and tile and even wood floors and it worked just fine...
Old 01-04-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04
Originally Posted by klgreene
Hi all, I figured one of you very smart people could help me. WE put in laminate floors in my living rm/dining room and down the hall. I absolutely love them. So much less dust. But I have yet to figure out how to clean then without water spots, or a film. I've tried everything, I think. If the sun isn't shining across them, they look wonderful, but we have a large patio door which lets in a lot of light, and I see every speckle, water mark, wheelchair marks. Does anyone have any good ideas. I can't get down on my floors to hand wash. But I have Swifter everything and a steam cleaner that I can use while in my chair. I'm just tired of having to bust by tussie and still have them look dirty to me.
I hate to say this, but we put laminate floors in our bathrooms and I never DID find something to make them look clean! We finally took them out.
I'm not sure I'd put them in my bathroom. But I really need them in most of my house because I'm in a wheelchair, and it is so much easier to get around. I'll just have to cover the patio doors so the sun doesn't shine in . LOL
Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by moomoo
my ex husband and i owned a cleaning business and we never used nothing but either window cleaner or lemon cleaner for the floors and it never did a build up and cleaned very well and had good shine to it..and when i say floors i mean all floors we did alot of marble and tile and even wood floors and it worked just fine...
The vinegar/water/alcohol is what I use on windows. I'm thinking I need a different cloth to clean them with, and it's a large area, so I need to change the cloth numerous times. I just wait until night time, then they look fabulous. LOL
Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 AM

I use a large microfiber mop---one head to dust, one head to wipe up. I use Murphys Oil Soap and water mixed in a spray bottle...spray as you go.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:52 AM

I didn't get mine off of QVC. I ordered it off the internet. Just typed in Haan. This one was actually designed by a woman.
snownannie
Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM

I use vinegar and water for all my cleaning.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:29 PM

This is the method that I use. All laminate floors i.e. Bruce, Mohawk, have cleaners if you choose to purchase them. Vinegar and water. It's the best; least expensive and works for me.