Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wal-Mart Fabric Department News >

Wal-Mart Fabric Department News

Wal-Mart Fabric Department News

Old 01-04-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
they brought back fabric here, but its precuts and projects kits. No bolts of fabric.
They did the same in our Walmart.

Seems like everytime they renovate a Walmart - the 1st thing to go is the fabric.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:45 PM

i was told the walmarts here that dont sell fabric wont be getting any back :thumbdown:
Old 01-04-2011, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
I was ti=old because we have an Amish community near by they plan yo keep it.
Where I live there are amish & walmart still took the fabric out. Now they have to go an hour away to get 45 minutes away to get their fabric. So not true here!
Old 01-04-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by MiMi in Lutz
Originally Posted by leatheflea
they brought back fabric here, but its precuts and projects kits. No bolts of fabric.
Same here is Lutz, Fl. The new store has just FQ and fabric for pillows and a couple of other projects. No zippers, which now I have to drive to West Tampa to get. Really almost nothing at all. Odd though, they do have a couple of Singer machines there.
Unfortunately the new crop of Singer machines aren't living up to what the Singer name used to mean. Quality!!
I was in Wal-mart today and the fabric department is still there, but the quality of the fabrics has gotten worse; most of it feels harsh.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:58 PM

Our local Wal-Mart still has fabric - a very good selection, and they continue to get in new material all the time. They have been told that Wal-Mart is reconsidering the fabric issue. - Cynthia
Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 PM

This summer we visited Bentonville, Ark. original Walmart store. At the Bentonville Walmart Museum I mentioned about them eliminating the fabric depts. in Walmart. The historian told me that the quilters cries were heard, and that they are slowly reinventing the fabric depts. Currently, here in Mesa, AZ about half have a fabric dept. and half have the precut packages.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 PM
DBW

I used to spend hrs at a time in walmart. Just walking around looking (and buying) in every department. But I came in for one reason. Fabric and craft depts. Now I go else ware for what I need. Since they closed out fabric and remodled the store. I'll bet I dont spend a total of one hour a month there.(and that's because I use their pharmacy) Walmart, your loss is my gain. I have a coffee can of cash to prove it. I can now save money by staying home. And I was able to buy a very nice babylock embroidery machine with all the bells and whistles. I have actually used some of my walmart stash, instead of buy, buy, buying. TY Walmart I couldn't have done it without you. But, if you bring back the fabrics? I've been saving...
Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

I am in Chicago suburbs..can any of you tell me if there is a Walmart in the area that still has a decent fabric department?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:17 PM

We have several Wal-Marts in our area, and all of them but two had already shut down their fabric departments. The one closest to me was to shut theirs down at the end of December, and the other one was to close theirs at the end of this month. So many of us who go to the one closest to me called 1-800-WAL-MART to complain that they decided to keep it open! I just went in there last week and they had a lot of new fabric in, and said they were expecting several more shipments to come in. WOO-HOO!!! Like someone has already said.....ya gotta be a squeaky wheel. ;-)

Donna
Old 01-04-2011, 08:25 PM

I asked at my Walmart if they would bring it back. They gave me the same answer. They won't pay someone to stay in the department to cut the fabric. I offered to do it. They said go put in your application.