Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wal-Mart Fabric Department News >

Wal-Mart Fabric Department News

Wal-Mart Fabric Department News

Old 01-04-2011, 08:41 PM

Talked to the cloth lady at Wal-mart this week and she said that in that store fabric is the largest selling dept. but when they reset it will get smaller. What ever that means hope it is not pre cuts.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:47 PM

Ours is smaller but they seem to have some better fabric too.
Old 01-04-2011, 08:49 PM

My local Wal-Mart cut way back on their fabric department. Used to be huge with lots of choices, Now no choices very basic.
The day before Christmas I went in to grab some material of course. Did not want to make the longer drive to LQS. I ran into the Manager, who attends my church, and he informed me that they are going to expand it back out to the original size. He said they are building a Hobby Lobby near by and have to compete with it.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:13 PM

Our WM has fabric but the manager of the fabric dept says they are cutting back? Sure hope she is wrong and this post is right!

She said they were going to remodel and cut fabric dept back :thumbdown:
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM

Oh I hope this is true, I always thought they had a wonderful sewing department and that was before I knew how to sew, I would appreciate it even more now....they had so much to choose from and nice things too.....
Old 01-04-2011, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bostons
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I heard that it is where people have really complained that they are bringing fabric back. Don't know if this is true either...
Ah, the old squeaky wheel!
I squeaked, and proud of it!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Glenda m
Originally Posted by Pickles
I was in one of our Wal-Marts in Nov. and they said it was here to stay and matter of fact would be moving it to the front of the building and enlarging it and also bring it back to the Wal -mart Center on 1-40 as well and she said there was talk of
a man that was going to open another Fabric retail store here as well. :D I really like the sounds of that :-D
I-40 runs on the south side of my town and Wally World is there on the west. I wish they would bring back the fabric dept. The LQS closed and the closest is Hancock 13 miles east. I worked in the fabric department till they shut it down and I retired. Told them they were making a mistake then and still think so. One can only hope. And management does have a lot to do with it!!!

I think your right Glenda m about the management, I think they do have some pull. All we can do is keep our fingers crossed
and hope they end up bringing them all back in time, there is to many of use that need there fabrics and sewing notions :D
Old 01-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Dee

I just hope we get all back as it was before. Walk in Wally and always buy something.Fabric, notions etc. It was crazy to ever take it out.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:01 PM

When I went to WM on Sun. My fabric friend told me that they had planned to take it all out by first of April but she was now told they wont till July. We are hoping for a lot later than that. I bought a bunch of Christmas fabric on Clearance for $1.11,$1.36 and some wall and book panels for 64 cents. I was thrilled. But she told me to check out the new fabric and Oh My Gosh they got 2 full side of just beautiful fabric. All I said to my DH was get me out of here quick. I have a walk in closet full of fab. from the floor to ceiling[on shelves]and 2 piles deep on 2 big walls.Every piece is folded an tagged with its amount, and if it is for a pattern or one of many kits[from CT] I wrap it up with ribbon so they are all together.Now I have just finished a two door big Armour and filled that up. Tell me I am NOT a FABRICAHOLIC????? Just cant stop and it doesnt help when my DH finds the sale fabric and has to show me and says go ahead and get what you want. He is just to good to me. But I really need to stop real soon. I am trying to finish up 3 quilts and first I want to get a quilt made for a 10 yr old that has cancer. She is the daughter of one of my DH employees.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:56 PM

Howdy All. I am new here but wanted to say that we just had a new Wally's world open here, one of the Super stores. I dearly hope that they keep the fabric and bead sections. There is always JoAnns but they are a touch spendy. Have read a couple of the Tutes and learned a lot. Have 2 quilts in progress- a puff quilt and patch. Thank You all for sharing you knowledge
with us newbies, nannybaggs