Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Sewing Room Relocated >

Sewing Room Relocated

Sewing Room Relocated

Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Power Poster

I love it :D:D:D
Old 01-05-2011, 04:30 AM

well, thanks for all your comments! Still haven't finished moving things in - so no sewing done yet :( Next week will be a busy one - so should have it finished by week's end. Got a few things to go up on the walls and intend packing a lot away so that I have about 12 months of 'therapy' out before we move to our new property down in Maleny - Hinterland of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland - have 'dreamed' about living there for over 20 years and now it's no longer a dream but a reality!! We've got another carriage there but DD has plans on it being her 'personal space' - her bedroom actually - she's 16 and really looking forward to having such a 'cool' place to hang out in :) Here's a pic of the carriage outside ... and no it has not got the 'wheels' so no towing behind a van!! Our new one has wheels!! so - will post a pic of that one too ...

Camp Wagon No 253
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153783[/ATTACH]

New Carriage 356!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153787[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-153778.jpe
Views:	13
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	153783   Click image for larger version

Name:	Attachment-153782.jpe
Views:	14
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	153787  
Old 01-05-2011, 04:53 AM

We'll have a bit of 'renovating' to do to our new carriage - just the outside though - inside is lovely already ... my new sewing area will be a studio close by to our new home - a one bedroom cottage - so you can see why DD has her own space! - lots going into storage in the sheds for some time - we now live in a 4 bedroom plus office home! New home to build or large extensions are the plans for the future ... and with that comes the opportunity to design my own sewing room after all these years of 'peeking' into others :-D Will be so worth the wait ... here's a peak of the view from our deck ...

Looking over the valley
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153789[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-153784.jpe
Views:	13
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	153789  
Old 01-05-2011, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by lue
Good luck! You can do it! The "Before" room was beautiful! I can only imagine how you hated to give it up. Will your new place have a sewing room? I notice in all the craft room pictures that are posted here have old sewing machines. I wonder if most quilters collect old machines.
New sewing room is part of a studio - will share with DH - he'll use a bit for an office. Looking forward to setting it all up - got quite a bit of room. I do have two beloved Featherweights! ... and use them occasionally ... finished my son's quilt's binding just last week with one of them - I have a walking foot for it too! Cost me only $5! :-D
Old 01-05-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere
That's great!
You can 'open up' the new room and make it look bigger by putting into storage the 'extras' that you won't be working on. Make it really cute and inviting (not really your work room now).
Separate things and label the boxes well so if you do need something you can find it easily.

I've heard it said that when you put YOUR house up for sale you should no longer consider it YOUR house but a house you want to SELL!

I think that room will be the 'bonus room' of the sale! What crafter (male or female) wouldn't want Their Own Room!
Good luck on the sale.
Got lots labeled and sorted already - am a bit of an organiser
:-D and yes I do think it's a bonus room for the new buyers-to-be! - and our agent (a quilting friend of mine :D ) thinks the same! The other end has a lovely silky oak bedroom suite ready for our guests.

Guest area at other end of carriage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]153790[/ATTACH]

Name:	Attachment-153785.jpe
Views:	12
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	153790  
Old 01-05-2011, 08:53 AM

Wow, glad your dream will be a reality.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 AM

Lovely!