Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-05-2011, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
I don't know what I am going to do. My dad died this morning. He loved us all and I am going to miss him terribly.

I need to care for my mom.
OMG! I am so so sorry to hear about this! You do what you need to do...we will be here when you can be back with us. Please take care of you while you are caring for your mom!

Missy
Old 01-05-2011, 06:40 AM

CarolJ,
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart and prayers are with you.

MJ
Old 01-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I don't know what I am going to do. My dad died this morning. He loved us all and I am going to miss him terribly.

Honey take everything 1 step at a time. This is a terrible thing to have to deal with. Remember that while you are taking care of your Mom to take time for yourself to go thru the greiving process. I will be praying for you. HUGS!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by ljs317
The girls in the pic are much taller than the average woman so the weight gets distributed more equally over their bodies. It just doesn't look the same if you are only 5'2"
Five or six inches in height really makes a difference in how you look.
Now that is a very good point!

Missy
Old 01-05-2011, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
The girls in the pic are much taller than the average woman so the weight gets distributed more equally over their bodies. It just doesn't look the same if you are only 5'2"
Five or six inches in height really makes a difference in how you look.
Now that is a very good point!

Missy
Size 16 at 20 something sure looks different than 16 at 50 something.The skin turgor and glow are very different let me tell ya.I see people naked all the time in my line of work and a size 6 at 75 is not pretty so age has alot to do with it.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:10 AM

I'm so sorry Carol. Look after yourself too. Sending prayers up for you.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM

Carol
Sending my prayers for you and your family and friends that loved your dad so well.

Lisa
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by probles
I just signed into fitness pal because of the discussion here. I am excited to have a place to record my food and exercise. It all adds it up and tells me how long it will take me to get to my next goal. Love it.
I really like the site too Peggy. It is a real neat tool. I have been thinking lately of how hard it was for our mothers and our grandmothers if they wanted to lose weight. Where did they get support or good recipes for things that wouldn't instantly be a heart attack on a plate?

We are so lucky to have this place that Tru has made for us for support between all of us here.

Thank you Tru!! MUAH!!

What Tru? You smelled chocolate on my breath? Well...I cannot tell a lie. I have been snorting unsweetened cocoa all day. Now I look like I placed a truffle on my nose. So sick I know. Time for a couple of those pretty pills in my purse-o-pills!! Okay okay.

I took those pills and now it is time for night-night.

Missy
This pic is perfect...I could print it & post it!!! hmm...it was the one about no one fitting because they weren't thin nuff~ sorry
Old 01-05-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by fryguymoore
Originally Posted by candlequilter
Wow, everyone sounds like they are doing great.

Carrie congrats on the weight goal plus the quilts are gorgeous and such a good cause

Missy & Tru you are both doing a great job of entertaining us and giving us helpful recipes and info - my day would not be complete without your daily additions in my life

I actually did 30 minutes on the elliptical today. First time since my trip to Disney World in November. It felt good to get back on it. I plan to try my Wii Fit Plus tomorrow that my DH got me for Christmas after I do the elliptical again. Also got back into the routine of eating more whole wheat and healthier snacks. It is so easy to start letting things slide back into bad habits.

Well, til tomorrow's check in hope everyone has a good day and healthy outlooks on all of our personal goals,

Sherryl
Candlequilter
I keep thinking I should get Wii Fit Plus, but then I look at all the other weight loss "things" I have purchased and never used. I did get Just Dance 2. I only did it one day. So far I love it. You litterally dance your butt off :D It got my heart rate up way way faster than DDR. I would love to know how you like Wii Fit Plus. I use Wii Fit for the balance games, yoga and the scale and I really like it.
I like Fit Plus way better than just the Fit. I need the balance games. I find the others are just plain fun. I started the EA Active 2....oh man; that really hurts. I am sore everywhere & I am only doing the easy mode. Dance 2 sounds funs...I love to move to music as long as no one is watching, lol!!!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:26 AM

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. May God comfort you & surround you with His tender care. It's been 12 years since my dad passed & I still feel the lump of pain.