Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Wal-Mart Fabric Department News >

Wal-Mart Fabric Department News

Wal-Mart Fabric Department News

Old 01-05-2011, 04:19 PM

There are three WM in my area, two have lost thier fabric dept but in the third they keep getting more! Bolts and bolts, they don't have enough shelves for it all, said another dept took their shelves one night, now they have them stacked on tables.
When I asked if the fabrics were going in the coming remodel later this year, she said no, the fabric was staying. Happy dance!!
Old 01-05-2011, 04:24 PM

Yes, this info has been verified. They have announced that they will be putting fabric back into WalMarts. Not sure if all, but certainly most.

Think our voices were heard!!! YAY!! Power to the Sew-ers!! (not sewers)!! :-)
Old 01-05-2011, 04:41 PM

I always wondered what content unknown on the ends of the fabric bolts ment. Somebody knows and they are't telling.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:30 PM

I can't imagine why I would pay $13 per yard for fabric at a small quilt shop when I can get the same thing at WM for $5 per yard. Just cheap I guess.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:00 PM

Location: Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland

Originally Posted by phill99
we only have 1 walmart in our town.but i do have a complain i waited an hour and half to get someone to cut fabric.i think if they are going to have crafts &fabric ,they should have some one to tend it.
Cut it yourself like some of the rest of us...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM

They would have to show me how to use their pricing gun!!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:07 PM

Yeah! I went today to the only WM I thought still had fabric, boy was I fooled. Out of the three in our area, now none of them carry fabric.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by LindaR
Originally Posted by Bostons
Okay, so I don't know if this is true or not so please don't shoot the messenger, BUT...I was purchasing fabric at Wal-Mart tonight and I mentioned to the woman how happy I was that we had such a great fabric dept. b/c I knew so many stores were discontinuing theirs. She said we absolutely weren't and had been getting tons of fabric in lately AND that other stores are going to be BRINGING BACK their fabric departments.

So take that for what it's worth. I know there are a lot of opinions on this topic but for those who love to shop at Wal-Mart, you can keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best!
we had a fire in the christ dept before christmas (crazy guy) in our WM and I heard a rumor that when they re-do that dept they are putting fabric back in, may be pre-packaged but they would be good too???
Please be very careful with the pre-packaged fabrics. My friend bought several at the new WM about 30 miles away. It was so thin you can see details of people and things all the way through it. She would not even put it in her quilts. Like most of you, when we had fabrics, we waited in lines to get fabrics cut (after someone would go and round up a clerk). Poor things were always working several departments so did the best they could to help us. Our local Joann's fabrics are about $2 more (at least) per yard for the same fabrics at WM. Joann's was sure glad to see WM drop the fabrics.

We can always hope...
Old 01-05-2011, 07:31 PM

I love your Boston too! My Boston died about 2 months ago. I miss her so much!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:47 PM

Does Sarasota have more than one Walmart and if so where is the one with the fabric