Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Begging for Forgiveness >

Begging for Forgiveness

Begging for Forgiveness

Old 01-05-2011, 04:46 PM

Thank you all for your kind words. This means so much to me. Things will get better, I have faith and I believe if you have faith in God you also have to have faith in his timing. I don't have much access to the internet right now, but I hope that will change and I can be on the board more often. Here's to a great 2011!
Old 01-05-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
I have not been on the board for quite awhile now. My life has been turned upside down by illnesses in my family and by loosing my unemployment and not being able to find a job. I made promises to some of you about sending out some things, and I simply could not follow through. You know who you are and I ask for your forgiveness. May everyone on the board have a year full of blessings.
They passed the extention on the unemployment , can't you apply for that? Good luck and God Bless you. I'm sure the people will understand.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:44 PM

hang in there cupcake . Life happens :)
Old 01-05-2011, 05:52 PM

"It won't rain always, the skies will soon be dry..the sun's gonna shine in God's own good time and he will see you through.." beautiful song and no truer statement...Blessings to you and your family and I hope you are feeling better...
Old 01-05-2011, 06:16 PM

I have not been on the board for quite awhile now. My life has been turned upside down by illnesses in my family and by loosing my unemployment and not being able to find a job. I made promises to some of you about sending out some things, and I simply could not follow through. You know who you are and I ask for your forgiveness. May everyone on the board have a year full of blessings.
it is a rough economy we live in today but we still receive undeserved blessings and it is our obligation to share. is there anything you need that any of us can provide? my husband and i live on very limited income but are still blessed. please pm me if there any sewing supplies you need and i will try my best to share...i am sure many others here feel the same. your friend, johnnye
Old 01-05-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by grammyj
They passed the extention on the unemployment , can't you apply for that? Good luck and God Bless you. I'm sure the people will understand.
I live in Colorado and it is one of the states that don't qualify under the new extension. It only applies to states that have had an 8.5% unemployment rate for the last three months. Colorado has had a rate of 8%. Missed it by .5%
Old 01-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Power Poster

I just happened onto this and I am ever so glad you spoke up and just said what was going on. bless you and may things get better.
Last year we had a member that had "life to get in the way" and she just disappeared! I even wrote her a letter and apparently she just couldn't bring herself to come back. that's so sad. Good for you for having courage. We've all had 'stuff' and had to say our mea culpa's. ;-)
Old 01-05-2011, 06:23 PM

GrammaNan, you just put your faith in the Lord and he will help you through all of these bad times, he says that he will never put more on you than you can stand, but sometimes it seems like it though. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and I pray that things will be better for you all soon. I am sure that who ever you promised something to will understand, so try not to worry about it. You can make up for it somewhere down the line, if you need something to help you with your quilting please just ask and if I can I will be glad to send something to you. Sending you GREAT BIG HUGS
Old 01-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Power Poster

I sure hope things get better for you real soon. I've missed not seeing you on here.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by pojo
I know what you are going through with illness in the family.
My hours were cut to about nothing too.
Just 4 1/2 a week I just signed up for unemployment too I don't like too but I have to live and eat.

I wouldn't feel bad because you couldn't meet the promises.
I have learned Life goes on in many different ways.
If someone gets mad at you they aren't your friend.
I found out the hard way in life.

I need a sewing machine because mine broke and I can't afford one now I just can cut and put away things to sew later.
Pat-- you may have already checked this out, but if not here's an idea. Check with any thrift shops, Salvation Army stores, Good Will etc and see if you can barter having their sewing machine repair person work on your machine for volunteer hours. You never know and all they can do is say no, no harm done!
I don't even buy anything for sewing either.
I love to read all the things people are buying maybe someday again if not oh well I guess I'm not suppose to have it.