Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST >

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Weight loss challenge with a prize Jan 2011 sign up ..........closes Jan 2@ 8am EST

Old 01-05-2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by candlequilter
Oh, I guess I should also say I am in for January too. I wouldn't want to miss my daily doze of amusement and entertainment that I get from here. Plus all the information and encouragement.

Thanks,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Your daily dose of amusement? It is not coming from me, is it? LOL!!

I love the diet kitty. Is he the mascot of this tribe?

Missy
Old 01-05-2011, 06:50 PM

I see right now that I just joined a crazy bunch. Missy, I love your pictures and you sense of humor. I hope all of us hit out weight loss goals. Then we'll have to start a new thread. Let's see what shall we call it? The Been there, Done it, Now lost it Club?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:14 PM

Carol so sorry to hear of your loss, take care one day, one hour at a time. Remember were here for you.
Missy I'm sorry your feelings are hurt, hope tomorrow shines on you.
I've decided to try the HCG program for the weight loss,so I'm holding off on starting anything serious til I see what is allowed on the program in the beginning. I know it is very limited but I need a jump start.
Muriel
Old 01-05-2011, 07:32 PM

(((Carol))) Sorry for your loss. :(

Muriel - I'm very interested in hearing about that HCG thing. The only time I've ever lost weight without really trying is when I first got pregnant, both times.

Somewhere back a page or three, someone mentioned a hamburger veggie soup. I think I'm going to tweak that a little for my family's tastes and have some on hand for quick lunches or snackies. Beats ice cream, right?

I also like hard-boiled eggs for bfast, and picked up some FF cottage cheese and some pineapple chunks *in juice* tonight, too. Yum.

So far, I'm doing fairly well. I almost forgot to take a picture of my scale this morning, though. (I'm doing this every day, after reading the picture-a-day article about documenting your year...)

Keep up the hard work everyone!

PS - I didn't make it to the Y today - I couldn't - No REALLY, I couldn't. I had to wait on the FedEx man to bring my new machine! (Any bets on if I make it tomorrow instead of playing with my toy?)
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 PM

CAROL, so sorry for your loss. I know exactly how you feel.Sending you all the support I can and will pray for you and your family. God bless.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by jkwynn
(((Carol))) Sorry for your loss. :(

Muriel - I'm very interested in hearing about that HCG thing. The only time I've ever lost weight without really trying is when I first got pregnant, both times.

Somewhere back a page or three, someone mentioned a hamburger veggie soup. I think I'm going to tweak that a little for my family's tastes and have some on hand for quick lunches or snackies. Beats ice cream, right?

I also like hard-boiled eggs for bfast, and picked up some FF cottage cheese and some pineapple chunks *in juice* tonight, too. Yum.

So far, I'm doing fairly well. I almost forgot to take a picture of my scale this morning, though. (I'm doing this every day, after reading the picture-a-day article about documenting your year...)

Keep up the hard work everyone!

PS - I didn't make it to the Y today - I couldn't - No REALLY, I couldn't. I had to wait on the FedEx man to bring my new machine! (Any bets on if I make it tomorrow instead of playing with my toy?)
Hey, that stew is sooo easy! It's been in my family for as long as I can remember. I didn't add everything here that I add originally but I add a lot more catsup than 1/2 C. I also add about 2 TBS sugar to kick the bite of the tomato products. I add the freshest veggies as I can get, thats why I do frozen. I let the vegetable cook (boil) as long as it takes to get tender. Then add the tomato sauce and or paste and catsup. Those are full of vitamin C and big in helping to fight against Cancer. I like making it because of all the benifits you get and too it's very ok to freeze it if you over do like me and make way to much! My family loves the stuff and it's also good for colds, I add pepper to taste. Sometimes I'll get away with adding red pepper flakes but thats only when I know the small kids aren't eating and the older ones love it. That's also good for arthritis. I made some two nights ago and some os still in the fridge. It just betters with age! But tomorrow it's going to the freezer...after I have a bowl for lunch! OK thats my .2 cents worth...yell if any questions! Good luck, I know you'll make it your way and love it!
Old 01-05-2011, 09:06 PM
Banned

It is midnight Jan 6 2011

HAPPY LITTLE CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

I still feel like poo however I can't sleep from feeling like i will barff and I am so excited for those of you who know what has been going on from last months weight loss. JOHN IS CALLING ME TONIGHT>>>>>>>>what a great present for little Christmas. yipeeeeeee.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:19 PM

Missy, your picture posts have not offended me. It was all in fun. Your posts have brought smiles and laughter to me. I hope tomorrow will bring much sunshine to you!!!!

Tru and everyone else that is feeling under the weather, I hope you all wake up tomorrow feeling much much better and you all have sunshine in your lives as well.

To everyone, I am proud of everyone's effort in this weight loss journey. Thank you for posting as it sure helps me. It's so good to have others to share this journey with, that know where I'm coming from and understand what I'm going through. Let's all keep up the good work. Sandy
Old 01-05-2011, 10:19 PM

Wow what a day!

Carrie love the Poka Dots. Great quilt top.

Creative Seamstress praying for tomorrow hope everything turns out great.

Missy my heart is broken for you. I love your photos and your comments. You keep me in stitches. Keep it up and never change.

Tru Whoo Hooo hope everything turns out great with John.

I am keeping to my 1200 cal a day and have lost pretty well all my Christmas fat. Whooo Hooo I'm getting lots of movement so I'm pleased.

Hope tomorrow is a better day. Today seems like it was hard for many. Good Night
Old 01-05-2011, 11:16 PM

It's late but just had to tell Missy don't let one person bother you. It seems that all the posts have been positive about your pictures. I sure enjoy them. You always make me smile or laugh out loud. That is a gift you have. Don't let anyone change you.
Creative Seamstress may your day be the best ever and more.
Tru I hope John calls early and talks a very long time and that you feel much better from the icky day you have had.
Carrie love your quilt it turned out beautiful love the colors.
Nite Nite all Talk to you all tomorrow or should I say later today to some of you
Gail
Gail